TEN.

BOUNTY #2101

ANDROMEDA GALAXY, SPACEGLOSS INTERGALACTIC STARSHIPCIRCA 6018

GLOSS INTERGALACTIC STARSHIP
CIRCA 6018

super star, i wanna feel you shine on me, i wanna feel you shine. super star, i wanna feel you shine on me, i wanna feel you shine

Tinny melodies came from inside the sterile infirmary where Jeongguk tended to Yoongi. The eldest was sat on one of the beds with his eyes on Jimin as the medic attended to his split lip. The two boys had trained for a while before Jeongguk felt bad enough for punching his crewmate and insisting he get cleaned up. Fully aware of the eyes on him, Jimin chose to watch Jeongguk's hands work in lieu of worrying about Yoongi stared so often.

and he dances (and he dances), and he dances, that's my man

Yoongi's gaze felt like a thousand suns burning into his core and splitting his essence open. Usually, Jimin would be pointedly annoyed. He'd snap, glare, openly stare back in equal halves question and annoyance. Yet here, in this pure white room with no sounds other than the words coming from only the universe knows where, Jimin felt smothered in all things Yoongi. Too claustrophobic to ask the man to stop, too hyperaware to flat out acknowledge it.

Jeongguk had cleaned and disinfected the area like it was second nature, rubbing a cooling salve over the site to reduce swelling. Jimin truly didn't know what he was still doing here. Neither of them had asked for him to come along, but no one stopped him from doing so. He had half the thought Yoongi wasn't messing around when he suggested Jimin help him care to his lip; perhaps that's why he followed.

Sitting on the other bed now staring at Jeongguk's back, Jimin had transported back to their previous conversation. It was super, mega, ultra embarrassing that Jeongguk had found the two of them snuggled up against each other. It was worse knowing that was one of the best sleeping experiences Jimin's ever had. Though he's grown used to the ship, going the entire moon cycle without waking up has been difficult for him. It truly was ironic the one time he slept so soundly was beside Knife Boy of all people.

A shuddering thought wracked through him at the prospect that it wasn't all that uncanny. There was an undeniable air of something around Yoongi. Something being several different feelings that soothed Jimin whenever he was distressed, as painful as it was to admit it. That was especially clear last night when the younger broke down for reasons he couldn't completely remember now.

It had been spurred on by what Phaedra had told him and grew into fears and doubts thats stemmed from a place still hidden from his conscious.

"Give it ten hours," Jeongguk's voice was set at the same soft volume as the music, "the suture ointment should be done healing by then." Jimin peered over the medic's shoulder to get a better view of Yoongi's lips. It looked nearly seamless already, the corner where the incident occurred shiny from the clear, petroleum-like ointment applied. It looked soft, like it acted similarly to a rich emollient-something Taehyung regularly applied to his own skin.