SIXTEEN.

BOUNTY #4690

134340 (Pluto)HADES' DEN, PALE MOON CITYCIRCA 6018

134340 (Pluto)
HADES' DEN, PALE MOON CITY
CIRCA 6018

Somehow, and quite miraculously, Taehyung had convinced Jimin that heading back to the ship was a quest they didn't need to follow through with so quickly. Jimin wanted to get their lecture or punishment—whatever it was—over and done with, but Taehyung... well, he had other plans.

"I won't be gone long, I promise!" He called from the doorway that lead into the spherical building pocketed in the center of other more oddly shaped structures. "I'm going to pick up some food for Tannie, and by the time you're all done, I'll be back!"

"Great." Jimin deadpanned. "Then we can get back in time to be thrown into the Death Vortex."

"Stop being so dramatic," Taehyung clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth with a huff. "If anything, they'll submerge our bodies in resin first so it isn't too painful." He still sounded chipper as ever, not all too worried about the fact that they will get in trouble. So much trouble. And maybe Jimin was a little okay with not going back to the starcraft so soon.

Jimin made his way into the building after bidding a quick goodbye to Taehyung, who had waved and reassured he wouldn't take long at the abattoir. Jimin idled over to the directory; a transparent panel in the wall that had led lighting of shops and the floors they were on.

Taehyung had ushered him over to the building with excited words and promises, vouching for the credibility of this place I just walked into and never regret doing so. Floor 15, Room 12—Hades' Den.

Jimin pressed his thumb against the up arrow near the cylindrical, glass tube, and down came a thick platform before the encasing opened up with a delightful ding. He still wasn't used to so much new technology, grateful that someone had also stepped into the elevator behind him. "Which floor are you?" They asked, accent a bit heavy and warped around vowels, but still understandable. "15." Jimin answered, watching their fingers for how they spread them out against a black pad on the left side of the carriage.

With the movement, the pad turned into the face of a screen. The different floors were displayed in numerical order, and the kind stranger had pressed floor 15 before floor 23. Not that Jimin was sure it mattered.

"Are you here on vacation?" They had asked when the carriage began to ascend. When Jimin turned their way, he wondered if there was anything distinct about Plutonians that would single out they were, indeed, Plutonian. But so far, there wasn't anything. He looked at Taehyung, and the store owner, and civilians on the street—this person with him in the elevator—and there was nothing.

Taehyung must've worked really hard at ridding himself of his accent.

"Something like that, yeah." Jimin was a bit distracted, but thankfully his accompaniment didn't seem put off. They hummed in understanding and that was the end of their conversation, as the platform stopped and the doors opened again to floor 15. It took less than five seconds. "Thank you." Jimin said, stepping out and giving a polite smile.