THIRTEEN.

BOUNTY #4690

134340MILKY WAY GALAXYCIRCA 6018

134340
MILKY WAY GALAXY
CIRCA 6018

It'd been a short while after the meeting on Centaurus that the crew up and headed for the depths of space once again.

Nanine had provided the hunting crews with an intienary of sorts in regards to Phaedra's whereabouts before she was seized on Cassiopeia. Namjoon had all but holed himself up in the Captain's chambers with his co-commander when the list had finally arrived. That, Jimin had kept count, was three sun cycles ago. Since then, the crew had been kick started into some sort of readiness, full of preparation for their journey off to Styx.

They collected the fuel they needed for travel, stocked up on extra supplies, and stopped at a few markets to fill the kitchens. According to Hoseok, they'd be in the Milky Way Galaxy in less than three days, which gave Jimin more than enough time to recollect himself.

Styx just so happened to be a frightful place rumored of horrors unimaginable. He knew this because Styx belonged to the wayward planet Pluto. There is still faint debate for a few of those who still care out there about whether Pluto is an asteroid or a planet, but Jimin always felt very strongly about Pluto being a planet. Still, it was an old argument most didn't care to debate over, and Pluto-reduced to mere numbers: 134340-didn't have many inhabitants. He could remember listening to his old comm, sprawled on his back and staring ahead into the hazy atmosphere, of the lonely planet and it's lonely inhabitants.

But Styx was an entirely different story in and of itself. It was as if it were a whole other entity separate from its mother planet itself. A singular moon with more rumors than Pluto had citizens, where no one lived, and people rarely ventured. Jimin didn't know much about the moon, but there's vague remembrance of fellow kids whispering stories passed down. As he got older, he thought they maybe weren't true, but there's never a guarantee on what one just might find when they aren't looking for it.

They haven't yet started traveling through hyperspace. Hoseok says he mostly feels comfortable doing so when everyone is asleep, so they don't have to use so much of their motion stabilizers. Apparently, they were just on the outskirts of the Milky Way and it shouldn't be too long until they arrived in the barred spiral galaxy.

Jimin had allotted most of his time to the library whenever he wasn't in the gym. He'd already gone through four entire books, each of which ranged from the societal shifts of interspecies cohabitation and the effects of denatured alcohol and coagulation. That, in fact, is where Seokjin found him on the second day of their travels.

"Hey, Jimin," he greeted softly, "have you been here all day?" The lighting in the library was always dimmed to a comfortable setting, just bright enough to not harm his sight, but low enough to set off a particular ambiance. It awashed Seokjin in a gauzy glow, making his features seem smooth and angelic. He swore he'd seen Renaissance art plastered to the pages of a book shelved somewhere in a far corner, and even that, beautifully magnificent as it may, couldn't uphold nor withstand how Seokjin stood before him. It truly wasn't fair-being that effortlessly beautiful, that is.