TWENTY SIX.

NEW MISSION UNLOCKED!

EARTH NEO TORKYO, NORTH AMERICACIRCA 6018

EARTH
NEO TORKYO, NORTH AMERICA
CIRCA 6018

Jimin lays on his side facing Yoongi. He's got his hands clasped together on his pillow supporting his head, and while the position is slightly uncomfortable for his neck, he doesn't move. Yoongi is facing him as well, only the older man is lying supine with one hand stroking Jimin's hair behind his ear.

Finally, after some time, the light grey dye had started to darken back to its natural shade. Yoongi thinks Jimin's stress may have caused the temporary dye to wear off as rapidly as it did. He had given several reactionary terms that may as well have been plausible, but Jimin hardly paid any attention. He enjoyed the way Yoongi spoke. It was easy and thoughtful, low and captivating. Jimin just listened to him talk and lost himself in the other's timbre.

Jimin skipped dinner, much to Seokjin and Jeongguk's irritation. He had given some half-assed excuse of not feeling hungry, when in reality he didn't feel up to making appearances. He was tired and so desperately wanted the day to be over with—just wanted to be back in Outer Space. Yoongi had gone to the dining hall alone, but didn't leave Jimin for long. He even snuck Jimin a slice of honeyed bread and chilled milk. Now, the two were hidden under Yoongi's covers, staring at one another from inside their little world of warmth and solitude.

"You don't have to be embarrassed." Yoongi whispers, and Jimin hums to appease him. "Really, Jimin. You don't have to feel embarrassed or ashamed over your real and understandable reactions. This is all very new, you're still very new; to the ship," Yoongi says, "to me."

Jimin watches him. He watches Yoongi's features as he speaks and finds himself looking deep into his very earnest and telling eyes. He sees a man he never thought he would, couldn't imagine the other to be from their initial meeting.

"I know this planet is a shit hole, even in the much better places like in the sky and underground. I don't know what happened to you here or what you've gone through, and if you think about it, it hasn't been that long since you've left. It's all there still, raw and fresh, open and without proper closure or tending to." Yoongi swivels his head away from Jimin and his adam's apple bobs. His fingers twiddle over his stomach, above the cotten of his shirt, and Jimin almost swears he can hear Yoongi think. "We don't really know each other so well yet. That's okay too. I just want you to know that you're here now and that you're okay. As long as you're with us, you'll always be okay."

There's a low rumbling coming from the foundation of the ship, and Jimin suspects that it's them preparing for takeoff. He imagines Hoseok in the cockpit, a crew member readying the gravitational stabilizers, imagines their small bodies in a tiny ship on a miniscule planet compared to the vast depths that is space, and feels himself shrink in the best way. He's no longer bigger than himself, no longer outside of reality, and Earth is once again just a planet.