Chapter 11

"How does it fit," asked Thomas as we walked through the forest.

"It's a little itchy, but I'll get used to it," I replied.

Thomas and were about five minutes into the forest. We figured that we could head straight for the CIA headquarters by going through the increasingly dense forest country. It was easy to stay in our anthro forms at night, as we stuck to the shadows. Once we were in the forest, we didn't care if we were seen. Honestly...who would decide to take a hike through the forest in the middle of the night?

It was going to be a long hike, for us, however. We expected to reach our destination within an hour and a half. We weren't running because we wanted to save our energy.

"What floor was I on?" I asked trying to get a slice of info.

"You were on the sixth floor," Thomas answered. "That's good, because that's where we will be entering."

"Are you sure Al's got the cameras?"

"I'm sure. He's good with tech. Would you like to go over the plan again?"

"Sure, let's do it."

"Alright, once we hit the fence, what's going to happen?"

"All's going to kill the cameras in the parking lot, and then we're going to hop the fence. We're going to cross the parking lot, making sure not to get seen by anyone, and then it the west wall of the building."

"And once we hit the west wall?"

"We're going to climb to the roof, and Al will open the service door for us."

"Good. Once we get in, I'm going to cause a diversion on the third floor. You're going to go ahead and look for your father's office. I'll come and help you when I get out of the third floor. Once we find what we're looking for, then we book it out of the building and meet at the rendezvous point. Simple enough?"

"Yep. Simple enough. What's the maximum amount of time that we are going to actually be inside the building?

"Hopefully, it will only take a few minutes. Five minutes is my guess. During that time, we need to be completely focused. We can't waste any time. A small mistake can turn into a big one in a matter of seconds."

I gulped, and tried to calm my nerves.

I was about to break into a highly secured building, and steal information from a government worker...and I was going to school just a few days ago. My mind was in overdrive, thinking of ways that the mission could fail. There were too many to count. I was starting to think less of myself with every step.

Thomas seemed to have read my mind.

"Remember, Hank. Don't think like a human. You're smarter. If you focus on what exactly you want to do, then you'll do just fine," Thomas said, keeping his quick walking pace.

"I'll keep that in mind," I replied, catching up to him.

Suddenly, Thomas slowed to a stop, and crouched down. I did the same, wondering what was making him stop. I turned my head, and looked to see if I could see anyone around us. Failing to see anything, I waited for Thomas to do something.

"What's up?" I whispered.

"We should just hurry," he whispered back.

Thomas got back onto his feet, and started to run through the forest. I followed him, as we continued to get faster, and faster. I guess Thomas felt like someone was there, or something. Anyway, we were making great time...