Chapter 33

I was able to drop the anthros that were closest to the female anthro, before Thomas jumped into the fight. With every breath, I pick off another target. I watched, almost in enjoyment, as the search party huddled together in fear, and confusion.

 "Alright Hank," Thomas muttered through his own earpiece. "Move in from your position. See the anthro with the shirt on?"

 I looked through my scope at the group of about seven growling anthros. One of them was wearing a loosely fitted shirt, with a name printed on the front of it. I wasn't able to make out the name, however. It looked to be a male canine.

 "Yeah, I see him," I replied.

 "Keep him alive," Thomas ordered. "I'm pretty sure he's the one in charge of this little group. We can ask him a few questions."

 Without another prompt from Thomas, I hopped off the tree branch that I was sitting in, and immediately folded up my rifle. I unsheathed my daggers, and sprinted towards the anthros. With every strike of my daggers, I was able to cause serious injury to the anthros near me. The training that the four of us did while on the other side of the US, benefited greatly. I ducked, twirled, and slashed as quickly as I could, until I came face to face with the anthro that Thomas had told me about. I flashed my eyes to the side and noticed that Thomas was just finishing off the last anthro. I held my dagger against the canine's neck; and he instinctively fell to his knees.

"I'm assuming you're the one in charge?" I asked, as the rest of the crew gathered next to me. With a swift kick, I pushed the Doberman to the ground. The name that was stitched into his shirt was "Jack."

 "I'm not giving up anything," spat the dog.

 "We don't have time for this," grumbled Thomas.

"Ian...Hank...grab his arms and legs."

 Ian and I didn't want to get on Thomas's bad side, so I swiftly did as we were told. I held Jack's arms, while Ian held his legs. We then lifted the dog by his limbs.

 Thomas pulled out a knife that he had attached to his thigh, and held it in front of the dog. The knife that Thomas had pulled out, however, wasn't for throwing. This one was sharp, and looked like it was skinning animals. Thomas twirled the knife between the claws on his fingers, and lightly pressed it against Jack's midsection.

"Where's Talon hiding?" he asked.

 "Go to hell!" Jack screamed toughly, but his facial expressed didn't show it.

 Thomas pushed the knife into Jack's torso, just below the ribcage, and continued to push until half of the blade was stuck inside the dog's body. Thomas didn't stop there, however. He pulled the knife towards him a couple of inches creating a large gash. Blood seeped through the dog's fur, and started to spread all over his chest. Jack screamed in terror as his own body was being opened up before his eyes. I was already able to see organs, muscle, and bones.

"Where is he?" Thomas growled, twisting the knife in a different direction.

 "Kill me! Just kill me!" screamed Jack, as he writhed in pain. He didn't care anymore that there was a knife stuck in his body. He just wanted the pain to end.

 "I can make this last for hours," Thomas said through gritted teeth. "Tell me what I need to know, and you might be able to stitch this up soon."

 Jack shivered with shock, and stuttered, "He's not in the colony anymore. I don't know where he's moved."

 "You're lying," Thomas seethed.

 "No!" Jack screamed. "It's true. I don't know exactly where he is. All I know is that he's moved into the city! I think his crew moves around! That's all I know, I swear!"