Chapter 29

I cringed uncomfortably, as I watched Ian clean the small wounds on my chest. Thomas had ordered me to change into a human for a few seconds, and then transform back into an anthro. The wounds were almost back to normal as soon as I was back in my anthro form. They just needed to be cleaned a little bit.

              "How do you know how to deal with wounds so well?" I asked, with a grimace.

              Ian shrugged his shoulders. "I don't remember much about what I did before I knew I could transform. I just know that I wasn't a really good egg. These things just come naturally to me...like breathing."

              "You don't remember?" I asked, thinking about how my memories were taken from me.

              Ian shook his head. "I don't," he admitted.

              I looked over at Avery, and she responded with an empathetic nod. She couldn't remember her past either. I wondered if Al was the one that had taken memories from all of the members of the colony...or could it have been someone else?

              "How's he doing?" Thomas asked, as he padded over to where we were sitting.

              "He's fine," Ian answered, as he wiped down the light scars on my hide.

              We had made it to a hotel, near the DC area. Ian somehow produced hundreds of dollars, and paid for the presidential suite on the top floor of that hotel. Talon had only managed to chase us for a few miles before we were able to lose him. It still seemed like he was in pain from what Thomas had done to him in the bar. Now we were sitting comfortably in a super luxurious room, with the curtains drawn so we could relax in our anthro forms.

              "So once Hank is back to normal, what's the plan? Where are we going?" asked Avery.

              "Seattle," Thomas answered.

              I reared my head back in surprise. "Why Seattle?"

              "It's far enough away to deter other anthros from hunting us, but its close enough to see what's going on in the news. We don't have to stay there for long; just long enough to train and create a more solid plan," Thomas explained.

              "How long?" Ian asked, sitting back in his side of the couch.

              "Long enough for the wolf to start making riskier moves," Thomas answered.

              "Sounds good," I affirmed. "Let's head out in the morning then. As for today...we should take this time to relax, and prepare for travel." My eyes were already focused on Ian, because he was going to have to make us fake documents.

              Avery spoke first, however. "Ian, how much money do you have?"

              Ian replied, "Enough to buy a small island," with a chuckle.

              "Good," Avery said, taking a deep breath. "I think you and someone else should head to an electronics store, and get everything you need to get us some documentation. If we're leaving tomorrow, then you're going to have a busy day ahead of you."

              "I'll go," I volunteered. "I could use a walk, and Ian could use some back up."

              "Are you saying that I'm weak?" he asked, with a playful growl.

              "Yes," I replied, with a grunt, as I stood from where I was sitting.

              "Alright. Thomas and I will stay here, then, and make sure everything is in order. Then I might take a small nap."