Chapter three

(Y/n) looked around the canteen. There he was. Chekov was sat on his own in the corner.  

"Hey, may I sit here?" (Y/n) asked.

"Um, yeah sure." He replied quietly. 

"That was amazing back there. I can see why you were at the top of maths class."

"(Y/n), isn't it?"

"Yeah!" She said suprised he remembered her name. They got talking about the academy and how being the youngest was hard until they both started doing better than the older ones. But all too soon they got onto the subject of their fellow students. All of their close friends were on Enterprise but there were many others killed on the ships. They sat in scilence for a few minutes until Chekov broke the silence. 

"I should have saved her,"He said sadly. "It was his mother, Commander Spock's" 

Instinctively, (y/n) placed her hand on this. "It wasn't your fault, you did your best. No one else could have done what you did." She blushed and tried to take her hand away but he just held on. Their PADDs' began bleep and a message popped up asking them to come to the Bridge. 

They hurried over. Along the way they saw Kirk knocking out some security guys before running towards the bridge. 

"Jim? What the hell are you doing?" (Y/n) shouted running after him.

She ran on to the bridge, Chekov hot  on her heels, just in time to see Commander Spock performing a Vulcan nerve pinch on Kirk. He was then taken away to a space pod. 

Spock turned to face them and explained what was going to happen. Nodding, they went to their seats. 

"Hey, if you need to talk about anything that happened today, I'm here." (Y/n) whispered.

Chekov nodded and smiled. "Thanks."