Chapter seven

The following weeks after the Vulcan rescue mission had been a bit more relaxed. The crew returned to Earth for about four weeks before heading back out. (Y/n) had spent most of it with Jim, Scotty and Sulu as her family was away. Uhura and Spock had gone away together, Leonard went to see his daughter and Chekov had gone to Russia for a couple of weeks. He met up with everyone else for the last two. During those weeks, (y/n) had begun to get closer to him and had gotten to know him better. 

They had been space a couple of days and everything had been rather quiet. (Y/n) was laid on the floor of her bedroom after a long shift, dressed in her pyjamas. She loved to gaze out of her window at the distant stars, planets and clouds of solar dust. (Y/n) had been laid there for a while when she heard a knock at her door. 

She jumped up and opened her door.

"Pavel?" She asked confused. 

"Hi, I just finished my shift and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" He  said quietly. He was still quite shy around her and she was the same with him.

"Sure, come in." She smiled nervously as she stepped aside to let him in. Chekov stepped in and looked around anxiously. (Y/n) sat back down on the floor and patted the pillow next to her. Timidly, he laid down next to her and gazed out of the window. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He whispered quietly. 

"Yeah. It is." 

They stayed there for a while, chatting occasionally and enjoying each other's company. Soon, they began to be more open and comfortable around each other. Never in a million years did (y/n) think she would ever be sat talking to Pavel. 

A couple of hours later, Chekov got up, yawned and stretched, before turning to help (y/n) up. 

"Thanks". 

"I'd better go. It's getting late. Goodnight."

"Night." She replied. Just before he left, she placed a small kiss on his cheek. Chekov blushed bright red and smiled. 

"Goodbye (y/n)."