Chapter One

"Are you here for Justin Bieber?" a woman in a black suit asks. I meet her dark brown eyes and smile.

"Yes, I am. I still don't understand what this is for though," I tell her as I get up from my seat and follow her down an empty corridor.

"We're just asking questions involving him, that's all," she admits, smiling weakly at me before opening the door at the far end of the dull, dark blue corridor.

I realise as soon as I walk in that this isn't friendly. I'm already familiar with this traumatic room.

It's an interrogation room.

The last time I was in this room was when Justin was being interrogated regarding the crime they pulled him in for. I got to briefly speak to him privately while he was in cuffs, waiting for the police officer.

The woman motions to the seat opposite her from the silver table, and so I obey. Crossing my legs and facing her, she places a brown paper folder onto the table.

"Are you aware of the recent news of Justin Bieber?" she wonders, meeting my stare again.

"No. I haven't spoken to him in half a year," I say. Haven't seen him in a year, I mentally note.

"Right. And you haven't heard either?" she questions curiously, raising her left eyebrow gently in scepticism. I shake my head as a response. Erick hasn't told me anything recently and nor has Leo. Is there something they're hiding?

She clears her throat and leans her elbows onto the cold table. "It's crazy how his, and only, lover doesn't even know," she mutters indirectly before opening the folder and revealing a picture with a red, vibrant headline that reads "Bieber's escape."

My heart stops.

I gaze back to the woman who I thought was friendly, and down to the paper that causes fireworks in my head. On the photo, there's a news reporter sitting behind a desk with a backdrop, but most importantly, there's a photo of Justin's mugshot.

A smile is plastered on his face while he presumably wears an orange jumpsuit. His hair was styled the way he liked it, with his tips upwards. I could only smile, knowing Justin loved having this photo for everyone to see, to know the big, bad mafia was out and that no one could stop him. That he was coming to claim what was rightfully his.

Me.

The woman slides the photo, which is already scarred into my mind, across the table. Instead of analysing the photo, I look up to her. "When was this?"

"Yesterday," she answers. Observing me, she says, "We have a few questions we would like to ask you that could help us with our investigation."

Looking away, I face the picture of Justin again. My heart aches. A year ago, I would've jumped at the chance of seeing him again without barriers, to hug him and pretend we were normal. Today, I knew that couldn't happen. We wasn't normal, our relationship wasn't close to it. He met me through my job and was stuck living with me, forcing our blossoming relationship to speed up.

Falling in love without knowing who each other was. We were doomed to tragically end from the beginning.

But I couldn't change the fact my heart speeds up just looking at him. For he is the one still in my thoughts everyday and night. For he is the one that stole my heart and never returned it.

"I can't help you," I admit. Even if I did know anything, I wouldn't tell her if it stopped the chance of me seeing him.

"Selena, he is a danger to society. We need to put him back where he belongs," she orders, furrowing her eyebrows in frustration.