Chapter Three

I like to think Justin would be upset with not being able to see me as soon as possible. That he'll fight with anyone who tried to block his path, finding his way to me. I also would like to think he went through the risk of escaping a prison just for me.

But, no. He wouldn't escape it only for me, he didn't even want me to know. If a year can effect my feelings for him, a year could destroy his.

He is unpredictable, hides his feelings and is a ticking bomb. What else is he planning? No one knows what goes through his twisted mind, no one knows the motives. He does whatever he pleases in the moment.

And that's the worst. I would never truly understand his actions and what goes through his mind daily. I would never understand why he makes empty promises and puts on a mask.

I would never understand him.

"Are you sure about this, Selena?" Anna asks softly as she turns off the main road.

"Yes," I reply. After an hour of persuading her to drive me to the warehouse, I can't turn away now. After a year of waiting to see Justin properly, I can't turn away now. I am possibly moments away from finally seeing him, and so because of my nerves, I won't leave now.

"He won't be nice," she warns, glancing at me sternly before turning back to the road.

"Because I know?" I question. No excuse could rid me of this frustration.

"Because his plan of you not knowing didn't work. And because I told you," she says, slowing her speed as we approach a dirt road.

"He can't do anything about you telling me," I insist, looking at her. I can't face the road, because it now only reaches one destination.

"He can," she admits. Before I could spark, she says, "His number one issue is people telling things they're not suppose to. Erick agrees with it, too."

"Blame it on me," I announce. "It's only right to."

She chuckles, shaking her head. "No matter how much blaming I do, it won't change their minds."

Finally, I see the big red-bricked building. Like expected, there are expensive colourful cars sitting outside. I haven't been here since the first time. Anna parks beside a black Range Rover, evidently Erick's.

I look to her again. Pulling the key out of the ignition, she places it on her lap. "Are you ready?" she asks me.

I nod.

Getting out of the car and shutting the door after me, I wait for Anna to stand by my side. "I'm nervous," I admit quietly to her.

"It's too late for that," she jokes. We walk in unison towards the door that leads me to all I've known. Opening the door, Anna walks through first as I follow inside.

Multiple eyes meets mine.

Leo, who I thought I could rely on, stands up from the blue couch that faces the opposite direction, in front of the large TV. His mouth widens whilst I notice Erick in the right corner.

Anna moves towards him swiftly, an apology already written across her face. He scowls in response, stands up and greets Anna, where they share hidden words before striding to me. "What are you doing?" Erick starts. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Justin, leave it," I hear Leo say which causes me to look.

And there he stood, irresistibly and angrily.

His hair has grown, his sides that are normally shaven gone, but his quiff still alive. A loose white T-shirt sticks to his body at the front, his belt hanging low from his waist with his black jeans following.