Migraine ♤ Jonah

This is something I experience often, so this is based on my struggles.
ADRIFTAVERY (I'm entering a contest)
---------------------------------------------------------

Jonah lately had been getting headaches, they were always at the worst timings. For example, he got one on stage, screaming fans and headaches don't mix well.

He groaned as he rolled out of his fluffy sheets. He could hear Jack and Zach messing around downstairs. Daniel and Corbyn were arguing about who was a better cook. Daniel is way better. Jonah thought to himself.

He felt the world stop at once, he gripped his door frame tightly before falling down. Slowly his vision and hearing were swept away from him. He tried yelling for the boys, but his mouth wasn't working. He tried to move and his muscles were stiff.

Am I having a seizure? Oh my God, what's happening!?

Jonah sat there terrified for around 2 minutes before he snapped out of it. He was confused as he crawled to his bed. He debated telling his bandmates and decided not to.

He had a massive headache now. His head feeling like a car hit him then rolled over him again. He groaned and grabbed his head tightly, feeling his eyes roll into his head, from immense pain.

He walked to the bathroom and grabbed ibuprofen, he swallowed the small dry pills and sat down on his counter.

Jonah tried to wait out the pain, but I just wouldn't stop. He groaned again as a sharp pain took over his head.

"Jonah! Let's go out to eat!" Zach yelled up the stairs. Jonah cleared him through. "C- I'm coming!"

He grimaced gripping the counter tightly between his fingers. "F-fuck"

He hobbled out of the bathroom and downstairs. He walked into the room with all the boys ready to go, yet he was in joggers and a hoodie.

They walked outside and hopped into an uber, headed to shop (I refuse to call it that) the boys all hopped out, not noticing Jonah grab his forehead. His entire world was spinning in front of him. He quickly caught up to the others and sat down in a booth.

His head was slowly getting better throughout the day, then it crashed. It was an endless cycle of highs and lows. Hours had past and he crashed once again. Jonah fell asleep hoping he would get better by morning.

---------------------------------------------------------
4 days later

So far Jonah hasn't had another migraine or blackout moment as he liked to call it. He told his mom, who thought it could be epilepsy, which ran through his family. That terrified Jonah, his Cousin had to have brain surgery to fix it.

He was downstairs with Corbyn, discussing an upcoming show, suddenly he started hearing a high pitch beeping. Then all at once he couldn't see or hear anything once again. His muscles ached from trying to move them, and his whole body tensed.

Corbyn watched in confusion as Jonah stared out the window. He tried snapping his finger in front of his face, but no response was given. Confused he pushed Jonah's shoulder, which normally Jonah would return a push back. Jonah sat there still, staring out the window.

"Jonah stops fucking around," Corbyn said a little scared. The boys who were in the living room walked over to see what was going on. They all watched confused as Jonah held the same position. They waited a few minutes before Jonah let out a groan.

"What the hell were you thinking? You scared us, Jonah!" Corbyn yelled frustrated. Jonah looked up confused, he held on to his head tightly feeling another migraine.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused. Corbyn scoffed and walked upstairs. The other 3 sat down next to Jonah. "So what happened then?" Daniel asked calmly.

"Well I guess this happened a few days ago, you know when we went out to eat, and I woke up like normal. Well, I got out of bed and suddenly I couldn't hear or see anything, it was confusing after I snapped out of it I had a migraine right after" Jonah explained still holding his head.

"So why didn't you tell us?" Daniel asked concerned. "I didn't think it was important"

"Of course it's important, something could be seriously wrong!" Daniel shouted, making the other two flinch. Jack and Zach walked out if the room giving the two some more space.

"So what Dani, I'm fine I promise, it's just a headache," Jonah said sighing. Of course, it's more than that, but he didn't want to worry the others.

"Just ahead- Jonah you fucking had an I don't even know what to call it! Your not fine" Daniel looked at Jonah in disbelief. Jonah felt guilty for making him worry.

"Sorry I yelled I'm just worried about you, please can we go to a doctor?" Daniel begged. Jonah hesitated before nodding. Daniel called and scheduled an appointment for later that night. Jonah groaned again as his head pounded again.

"Holy fucking uhhh" Jonah whispered, his body trembling from pain. Daniel quickly ran to get medicine. Jonah knew it wouldn't help but took it anyway.

Daniel pulled Jonah to the couch and laid the boy down. Daniel crawled onto his chest and cuddled Jonah. Jonah felt grateful, this helped get him the mind of off, well his mind hurting.

They both fell asleep for a few hours entangled in each other.

Jonah woke up when he heard a camera. Opening his eyes he saw Corbyn taking a picture of him and Daniel cuddling. Corbyn gave a toothy smile and ran away with his phone in hand.

Jonah checked the time, 30 minutes until his appointment. He groaned and woke Daniel up. They both got up and got ready. The drove to the doctors and waited for a doctor to come in.

Finally, the doctor came in and sat down. "So dear what seems to be the problem?"

"Well, I randomly blacked out, not being able to see or hear anything, for a few minutes each time. After its followed by a painful migraine" Jonah explained. His head was still pounding.

"Hmm okay, I've never heard of such, you said a migraine follows it? For how long?" "Yes and the rest of the day"

She left the room, confusing Daniel and Jonah. She came back with another doctor.

"Hi hun, so what I'm thinking is something called, a severe migraine. One symptom is blacking out, but we've never heard quite your symptoms. Were going to prescribe you a medication that should work, if not come back okay" the Doctor said handing him his new prescription.

Jonah picked his prescription up later that evening, he had to take one a day. He never had another episode, thankfully.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey, guys so this is based on something I struggle with, the ending was hard because, they actually don't know what's wrong with me, they said I could be having a severe migraine, but no medications have worked.

Hope you guys enjoyed this!