Celiac - Daniel

This is a disease I actually have. Symptoms can vary and there isn't much knowledge on Celiac. All they really know is I can't eat gluten. I am going to be writing about my symptoms/experience with Celiac. It can be very painful and I'm going to show that through my writing. Hope you enjoy yet another chapter based on my life. (Like 3 of these are already)

In general this is my story of finding out what I had. I'm going to talk about the pain and fear along with the guilt I had and still have. Everything Daniel feels is what I still feel. Obviously I'm going to make it fluffy in some parts, I didn't have that.

-

Daniel crawled into his bed. He had just got done puking his guts out. Something, sadly, he had been doing a lot recently.

His stomach felt like it was being stabbed over and over again. Sweat beaded down his forehead. His lip quivered as he felt his insides bubble again.

He let out a soft whimper. This by far was the most painful thing he could imagine. Medicine seemed to do nothing for him. If anything it made it worse.

"Dani, you okay?" Corbyn asked at his doorway. Corbyn frowned seeing Daniel curled into a ball. "I'm so sorry you feel like shit, you don't deserve it."

Daniel just whimpered again. Corbyn laid next to him. "Just remember, the appointment is in 2 weeks. We will figure out what's wrong," Corbyn said wrapping his arms around the sick boy.

"I hate this so much. It hurts everyday. I'm constantly sick, I just get In everyone's way. My body hurts, my mind hurts, everything hurts," Daniel cried.

"Hey hey, don't cry. It might make it worse. You don't get in our way, we want to help you," Corbyn said running a hand down Daniel's cold back. Daniel just nodded blankly.

"Let's go outside, it helps me to get fresh air," Corbyn suggests. Daniel nodded and carefully walked outside. Corbyn decided to get the rest of the boys.

Daniel waited outside for everyone. His head spun and his stomach churned. His joints felt broken in his body.

Soon enough all the boys were outside there to comfort Daniel. "How bad is it?" Jonah asked calmly.

"I feel like dying," Daniel muttered. Jack gave him a sad smile. He wrapped his arms around the fragile boy. "Sorry that I'm sick all the time, it's not your job to take care of me."

"Daniel stop, we all want to help you. We're going to figure this out," Zach said in a stern tone.

Daniel constantly apologized for his sickness. Even if nobody knows what it is. He constantly held people back. Almost every morning he would wake up and want to curl in a ball and cry. Throughout the day it would usually get a little better. Until he ate again. Then hell would re start every morning.

"Sorry," Daniel whispered.

"What do you need?" Jack asked. Daniel shrugged. Medication didn't work, bread and crackers made him feel even worse, sometimes if he could fall asleep fast enough he could beat it. (I did this every night for about 2 years until I was diagnosed)

"I don't know," Daniel answered truthfully. He was scared. He had felt like this for years and doctors always told him it was a phase or he would grow out of it.

The boys were the only people who believed him. Even they took a while to convince something else was wrong.

Luckily Corbyn was a nerd. He had been researching different things that fit his symptoms. So they at least had a small list of the possibilities.

"Can we all just cuddle?" Daniel asked shyly. They all agreed and lead him inside to the couch.

Daniel laid in the middle and the rest all cuddled around him. Daniel whimpered again. His stomach felt like he had been stabbed and the knife was twisting slowly.