Chapter One

__••__

Having a happily ever after was every woman's dream and even wish. To have a loving husband, a happy home and a future filled with love and happiness. Which was why Jenna, counted herself lucky when she met, fell in love and married her husband, Jonathan.

Even after everything she went through all in the name of love, she always remembered to acknowledge the fact that she was one of those lucky girls who ended up with the right man. He was rich, loyal and caring to her in every way. To her, she was a queen to him and Jonathan, a king of her heart.

It always brought a smile to her face each time she daydreamed of the times they started out as friends, to lovers and till the day they said their vows to themselves.

"Baby?" She heard her husband call from the living room. His deep voice that never seized to send shivers down her spine and gave her goosebumps. It was one of the few things that made her swoon.

Jenna walked down the steps of her home she shared with her husband, she was dressed in her best knee length black dress with her red colored work bag to match. She sported a small smile on her round and spotless face as she walked down the grand steps until her brunette haired husband stood at the end of the steps in a well tailored suit, his large hands were stuffed in the pockets of his fine suit pants and a smile occupied his pink lips.

The straight haired woman paused in the middle of steps and beamed in joy before continuing her way down the remaining steps until she stood in front of her tall husband, who had his arms wide open for a hug.

She always knew that Jonathan was a man who loved to display all manners of physical affection, even when he denied it multiple times. She wasn't complaining.

"Aren't you going to be late to work, Mr. Hanks? I'm surprised you're waiting for me today." She wiggled her arched eyebrows teasingly then hugged him briefly, only to be drawn back into his muscular arms for another hug when she was about to step away from him.

Jenna chuckled as her husband wrapped his strong arms around her waist, and twirled her around, making her squeal in happiness. The light skinned woman tapped his back, which made him drop her carefully on her heeled feet.

"I'm going to miss you when I am at work today," he said while looking down at her with a soft smile that made his brown eyes glow in warmth.

Jenna chuckled. "You say that all the time but I still feel so special when you do, Jonathan."

"Come on, let's go. I want the day to be over quickly. So, I get to spend the day with you," he said and made his way towards the front door of their living room, with Jenna's hand in his. The moment he got to the door of their large and exquisite home, he paused in his tracks and turned around to face his wife who stood shorter by a few inches. His brown eyes roamed the exposed part of her light skin, her black shoulder length hair that rested on her shoulders, and her soft looking lips.

"Ever since I got married to you, even though it has been three years, I can never get enough of missing you or finding you as the most beautiful woman in my life. So, don't feel weird when all I want is to get home to you," Jonathan whispered and leaned towards her blushing face. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to his broad chest.

"And you always find a way in making me swoon like a fangirl, Jonathan," she replied in the same tone and wrapped her slender arms around his shoulders.