Chapter Two

__••__

Jenna paced absentmindedly around the bedroom, holding her outfit for tomorrow's work in her arms. She moved back and front from the walk-in closet, and to the bed where she dropped a white and black dress. She made her way back into the walk-in closet, and looked through her shoes collection that were at the bottom of the wardrobe.

She silently picked up a sandaled heeled shoe then walked back to their bed where she dumped the shoe on. She stood straight, staring at the outfit on the bed with a blank expression. She raised her left hand and kept a steady gaze on the rings wrapped around her finger.

Flashback

Jenna strode into her apartment and flickered the lights of the living room on. She took off her coat and walked in further.

Just when she was about to cross over to the kitchen, the front door was pushed open in a haste by her work mate, Gloria. She was breathing like she had been running, her face was even coated in sweat.

"What is going on? Why are you looking like that?" Jenna asked as she drew closer to the woman who was bent over her knees and breathless.

Gloria sighed. "You-You have to come with me. So-something happened to Jon and-"

Jenna gasped. "What?! Where is he?!"

Jenna rushed past her friend, out the door and then paused at the porch before turning around to stare pointedly at Gloria who was still catching her breath.

"Are you coming?! My boyfriend isn't fine. Come on!" Jenna hollered and Gloria raced out the house, locking it also.

The duo drove past traffic and luckily did not get caught or stopped by the police. They drove until they got to a hotel, which only made Jenna more confused than worried at that moment.

"What are we doing here?"

"He's inside and I don't know if he can make it," Gloria said in a distant tone which Jenna did not sit well with her, as curiosity and worry ate deep in her mind.

"What happened to Jonathan?" Jenna asked in a voice laced in anger.

"Just come see for yourself," Gloria retorted, and muttered something that Jenna could not grab.

The two women got out of the car and walked towards the entrance of the slightly busy hotel. They walked in and stopped when Jenna saw the few crowds of people standing and facing them, and at some point, she could have sworn she saw some familiar faces but did not dwell on the matter for long.

"Why are they standing like that and where is Jonathan?" Jenna demanded and gripped Gloria's upper arm.

"Can you let my arm go and look?" Gloria replied, and pointed behind Jenna who hesitantly turned around in fear.

Right in front of her was Jonathan, with a bunch of rose flowers with his left hand behind his back. Jenna stood confused.

"Jonathan?"

"Yes, Jenna?"

Jenna shook her head in more confusion as she looked him up and down. He had no scratch on his olive skin, he wasn't even looking like something bad happened to him. His brown hair was swept back perfectly, his suit was ironed out fine. There were no scratches on him.