Chapter Three

__••__

Jenna dropped the documents she had been holding in shock when Jonathan barged into her office angrily. She watched as her husband narrowed his brown eyes at her dangerously before she stood up from her seat and walked up to him in concern.

"What is it?" She asked in a calm tone while Jonathan shook his head in disbelief.

"Can you give me one valid reason why you hate Vera?" He asked, his voice laced in anger. "Can you at least let me know why? Because I don't understand why you have been having this hatred for my best friend when you know she doesn't pose any threat to you or even our relationship. Why are you this way?"

Jenna looked the fuming man up and down, walked back to her desk, picked up her documents and turned around to face him with an incredulous look on her face.

"Is that the reason you walked into my office like a lunatic? Because of that bitc-"

"Hold it right there, Jenna," he warned and pointed his long finger at her. "Don't you dare insult her if you're going to speak about her. Simply answer my question without slut shaming or anything."

Jenna hissed. "What does that mean? Why are you defending her?! What the hell?"

She walked up to him and poked his hard chest repeatedly before speaking;

"Don't you dare defend that two faced human being in my presence. Wait, so you chose to support her instead of you to wonder why your wife is like this? Absolutely loving," she said and backed away with her hands holding her face. "Oh, my God."

Jonathan frowned. "You know that's not what I meant, Jenna. She's my best-"

"Best friend, I know! She's your damn best friend! But what kind of a best friend touches their married best friend so inappropriately? Why can't she respect herself around me and don't even start with that bullshit of you two not having anything to do with each other."

Jonathan's anger intensified as he digested what his wife had ranted on. He clenched his fists then closed the small gap between them by holding her arms in his tight grip.

"Listen to me very carefully, Jenna. You have no right to talk rubbish when you know that I will never hide anything from you. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

Jenna pushed him off her body and laughed drily for a few seconds. She crossed her arms over her chest then sat down on her work desk with a smirk. She couldn't believe how Jonathan was reacting to the issue and how he chose to defend someone that made it clear in her body language that she had bad intentions towards their marriage.

Men will never be observant, she thought and chuckled.

"Tsk, tsk. There is enough evidence that proves that you at least find her attractive. Tell me something, Jonathan. If we never met and got married, wouldn't you have been with Vera by now? I mean, you two have known each other for years now and there is absolutely no way that a guy and a girl can't catch feelings if they are too close," Jenna said in a simple tone, all the while staring at the brunette who looked confused rather than angry.

"Stop insinuating things and listen to me because-"

"I don't want to know! If one person is acting all touchy feely to the other person, it simply means that the other is giving them the green light. If you love me, Jonathan, break every stupid ties you have with that woman because she will be the down fall of this marriage we have," Jenna stated in an authoritative voice, picked up the documents again before she left the office.