Chapter Twenty One

__••__

Harriet jerked in fear the moment Jonathan barged into the guestroom she was in, angrily. He stood at the door while glaring at the shaken up woman in distaste.

"You told her didn't you?" He asked in a calm tone which got the woman more worried than scared. His eyes were still dark, his body tensed but his voice smooth. It made her worried.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," she denied, and visibly swallowed as she rose up from the chair she had been sitting on.

Jonathan scoffed. "I'm not stupid, Ma'am."

She gasped. "You've never referred to me as ma'am before."

"That's because you mean nothing to me after the stunt you just pulled, and do you know that you could be arrested as an accomplice? I guess you don't, but once we capture your daughter, don't be surprised when you're arrested."

Jonathan left the room while the woman stayed perplexed. She bit her fingernails as her eyes glanced at every corner of the room. She rubbed her face with shaking fingers then laced them over her parted lips. She glanced down at her phone that sat on the chair and grimaced.

__••__

Jenna hissed in pain as she parked the car by a river bank. She got out of the car, fell to the ground and groaned. The short haired woman sat back and leaned on the side of the hot car with her face contorted in pain while her body broke out in heavy sweats and her breathing changed from normal to short breaths.

The injured woman slowly and carefully took off her jacket, held her bitten and bleeding arm with her good hand then looked up at the sky in more pain. She stared at the deep teeth marks on her arm and grimaced. She used her finger and probed the holes and cried out in pain.

"Oh, my God," she breathed out in pain and hissed then tore a piece of her shirt, which she used as a makeshift bandage for her injured arm.

Jenna leaned back on the car and shut her eyes tight against the pain and succumbed to the pull of sleep on her. Hoping and praying that everything would turn out better.

__••__

Few hours later, Jenna woke up to a dark twinkling sky and crickets chirping, with extra pain on her arm, sweaty and shivering body, blurred vision and a fever. She looked down at her body and found herself laying on the ground, curled up and shivering.

She groaned and tiredly sat up and clutched her chest with her uninjured hand as she kept shivering. Jenna began to cough and propped her elbow on the foot of the car door, and hoisted herself up until she sat down inside the car.

With dull and tired eyes, she looked around the sandy riverbank. She pressed her temple when it ached and began to weep as the condition she was in, started becoming unbareable for her. She stood up, wincing in-between and climbed into the car and closed the door then folded her arms due to harsh cold, while her face was pale and eyes irritated from crying.

"T-There h-has to be a p-phone in here," she stuttered and weakly searched the car until she found an Android phone on the floor of the passenger seat, which brought a huge smile on her face.

Jenna picked the phone up with pale and shaking hands then whispered a short prayer of gratitude when she saw that the battery was full. She tapped the dialer and tapped in a number then called it.

The phone rang for a moment before her call was accepted, making Jenna place the phone quickly to her ear and exhale in satisfaction.

"G-Gloria?"