Chapter Nineteen

__••__

"It's been two days, two days and you have only told us not to go after Jenna Hanks, after that stunt you pulled. What exactly are you making us look like, sir?" Luke demanded with a stern look on his face as the silent Jonathan stood, leaning on the inner balcony of his house, overlooking the living room below.

Luke sighed and raked his fingers through his disheveled hair, and made an irritated noise in his throat.

"Listen, I know that she is your wife and you probably still love her but we have to arrest her for her crimes, that's what we do. Leaving her unattended can make her come after any other person, especially any female friends you have, since she killed Vera because she may have been insecure and felt that the relationship was going down the drain," Luke reasoned and watched as Jonathan raised the glass he had been holding, to his lips, taking a sip out of his transparent alcoholic drink.

Jonathan side glanced the fuming man and just shrugged. Just when he was about to open his mouth to speak, the front door was pushed open by Jenna's mother. He blinked hard and stood straight as the caramel skinned woman looked around until her eyes shifted up at them.

"You!" She yelled and began to make her way up the stairs until she got to them. "What have you done to my daughter?! What is this I hear?!"

Jonathan rolled his eyes at the distressed, middle aged woman who was looking between him and Luke, her brown eyes were wide and plump lips pinched into a pout. Her shoulder length hair was swept in all angles, showing more distress with her shoulders raised.

"Are you Mrs. Harriet Okafor?" Luke asked in a light tone and the woman nodded shortly. "Well, I hope that you know that your daughter has murdered two innocent persons, ma'am."

"Oh, hell no! Don't you think I know who my daughter is? I raised her right and you cannot lie to my face about such!" The woman retorted with her hard gaze on Jonathan, who was silently staring down at the living room, still drinking his alcohol.

"Ma'am, there are evidence of the fact that she's guilty," Luke added with a scowl and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Is that so? Because this man here could be responsible for it. My daughter has called to complain how irresponsible and disrespectful this bastard over here has been to her. She's cried so many times about how this man standing here has cheated on her and her loyalty. He must've even plotted with his wench to frame her!" Harriet yelled and was about to smack Jonathan but got blocked by Luke who held both her arms to her sides.

"Well, the wench you speak of, is one of the people she murdered, ma'am," Luke said to the woman who only looked him up and down in an incredulous manner.

Jonathan took a sip out of his glass cup and gazed silently at the hard breathing woman who was struggling within the grasp of the cop, who even looked on the verge of losing his mind. He snorted and walked away from them to his bed room, sat on the bed and smashed the glass on the floor with a pained expression on his face.

"Can I just wake up from this dream?" he asked through gritted teeth. "Where did we go wrong to have dark clouds over us? My wife's gone, my best friend?"

He placed his elbows on his knees and placed his hands on his cheeks. He let out a heavy sigh and massaged his temples.

"How do I lure her out to me?" He mused after a momentary silence.

__••__

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows the moment she heard a soft knock on the front door of the condominium, which made her heart drop in fear as to who could've found out where she was. She stood up from the bed she was laying on and walked quietly with her bare feet out of the room and into the living room.