Matzuri

*Your PoV*

I sat next to Matzuri as she was scrolling through her phone, texting that crush of hers, Yuzu. It seems like she's always out of town ever since Yuzu moved, and when Matzuri is in town she's always on her phone. As the bell rung I took that as an opportunity. "Hey Zuri, wanna get some dinner tonight after school?"

"Can't sorry."

"Yuzu?" She hymned in responce and gave me a slight nod to verify. I sighed and started to walk to my locker.

I unlocked my door and opened it, putting my bag on the ledge so I could take off my shoes. Once I managed to waddle my way up the stairs, I got a text from Matzuri. "Change of plans, I'm coming over." I texted her back as fast as my thumbs could move, then quickly cleaned up the house. Just as I had finished cleaning, she had arrived. "Hey, (Y/N)..." I looked over to her and gave her a questioning look. 

"What's wrong Zuri?" 

"I give up. Yuzu is head over heals for Mei, and Mei is just as in love with Yuzu as Yuzu is with her. I'm so annoyed because as much as they love each other, they can't be together." I frowned. 

"I know how love complications feel..." I mumbled to myself. 

"Who's giving you issues (Y/N)?" She had almost an anger look in her eyes. 

"Someone. it doesn't matter, she's head over heals for someone else. The only difference between your situation and mine is that the girl she likes doesn't like her back. It's whatever." She gave me a pout and walked into the kitchen. 

"I'm hungry, what's for dinner?" She asked as she opened my fridge. 

"I can make food. Or we could order pizza?" 

"Pizza sounds great." 

*timeskip 'cause yes*

We sat on my bed watching movies while eating pizza. I looked over to her and put my head on her shoulder. I have to tell her. "Hey Zuri, how do you feel about the movie? I just don't get how you wouldn't get the hint that your best friend likes you more than a best friend."

"It's good." She was still bummed out by the whole Yuzu situation. I pouted and lightly tapped my hand on her thigh standing up to stretch.

"It's literally an explanation of my position with my failed romance." She gave me a strange look.

"You like your best friend, who likes someone else?" I just stood there nodding.

"You..." I rolled my eyes and sat down next to her.

"Yes, Zuri. I like you. It's always been you. I know you're not interested but I ju-" I was cut off by her lips on mine. Once her lips left mine, I was saddned but still in shock by her bold actions. "But I thought-"

"Yes I do, but part of me likes you too." I smiled and cuddled into her, eventually falling asleep as we watched movies.