Chapter 3: Babysitter

Lance's P.O.V.

"This is not good. I'll make you feel better. PROMISE." I said. I picked Pidge up in bridal style, and took her to the castle. Once I got in, everybody saw the condition Pidge was in, and quickly understood. I brought her to her room and lay her on the bed. MAN her room was a mess.        "Mm-m..... Lance..." I heard her mumble. "I'm here. Don't worry. I said, Taking the thermometer, and laying it on her fore head, neck, and all that stuff. I checked it and it read... 83 degrees. "That's not good..." I said. "Hm...?" she replied still tired. "Don't worry. Just... rest..." I told her sounding reassuring. Then in two seconds, she dozed off. I guess I am her babysitter. The thought of BABYSITTER just made me happy. I don't know why but I like the thought of babysitting Pidge would be nice. I am making use of myself. 

I was wiping Pidge's for head with a cold,wet, towel. I just smiled at the face she was making. That small little pout, and with those innocent closed eyes. She looked absolutely beautiful with those caramel eyes though. WAIT- was I just thinking those thoughts? ... I was about to question myself when I heard Pidge wake up slowly. "Mmm... Lance...? why does it feel wet?..." She asked still half asleep. "*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH cough cough cou- cough...* Lance... *COUGH COUGH* I don't feel well..." She said. "Pidge... you have a fever... you need to rest... are you hungry? I will be a friend and bring you space soup." I said smiling. "Your my hero..." She said kissing me on the cheek. ...I didn't care if I got sick. I AM NOT EVER WIPING THAT CHEEK EVER AGAIN! I got up and left the towel on her head. She went back to lying down, but I couldn't tell if she was sleeping or not...

I got to the kitchen and found Hunk there. "Hey Lance. How is... Pidge doing?" He asked nervous. I smiled at him. "Don't worry. She's fine. but she has a huge fever. 83 degrees." I said. Hunk frowned. "Well... You here to bring her my hot special?" Hunk asked. "Ya... I told her that I was going to bring her some space soup, and guess what she did..." I said excited to tell Hunk. "What?" Hunk asked nervous. But not too nervous because I was smiling like an idiot. "She kissed me on the cheek!" I said happy pointing to where Pidge kissed me. "Well... don't get too excited... Luckily for you, that I was in the middle of making my hot special. It should be done... about..." He said adding some spices to the soup to somehow make Pidge feel better. "NOW. Go prince charming..." He said rolling his eyes. I grabbed the bowl on the tray, and walked to Pidge's room.

I opened the door, and saw Pidge gagging in her bed. "Pidge! are you okay?" I said sitting next to her and patting her on the back. "ya... *GASP* is that..." She said pointing to the tray. "YEP." I said popping the p. "Hunk's hot special. her ya go.." I said laying the tray on the small desk beside her bed.

"Lance your the best." Pidge said swallowing her soup. That was the first time Pidge ever said that I was the... best. 

She was done her soup, and I put the bowl and tray away. I started to stroke her hair randomly, until We got bored. I decided to talk about my family. "Ya know this reminds me of when I always took care of my siblings when they were sick... I think they liked it. Before the garrison, My family got a huge cold. and me and my two sisters were the only ones not sick.*Chuckle* I guess... I guess I really miss em.-" "You... guess?" Pidge interrupted. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well I know that I really miss my family... I bet my mother thinks I am... dead... That all of us are dead..." She said with a tear rolling down her face.

"Hey... We are definitely going to find your brother and father." I said hugging her. "Lance... Thank you..." Pidge said quietly. "Your welcome..." I said back.

Later, we both fell asleep.

I woke up only to find Pidge in my arms. I blushed a little. Pidge slowly woke up noticing her surroundings... and me.

"Lance...? wha-what are you doing in my room...?" she said sleepily. "You were sick... so I think I kinda slept with you... I think...*Chuckle*" I replied. "*Chuckle* well..." she started. "What?" I asked looking at her. She grabbed her SPACE watch and looked at the time. "It is 10:09 am. We should go to eat with the others, or they'll start to get suspicious..." She said smiling up at me.

"I guess... are you still feeling okay?" I asked. She nodded. "Ya... I feel better. and that soup from hunk," She said making the perfection sign. I chuckled. I think I had feelings for Pidge... well... she obviously doesn't have any feelings for me. I just wish that I could kiss her in the lips right now. but... I don't think that would work out... she is Pidge... she is                                                                     amazing,smart,beautiful,cute,small,... I could list everything about her all day!... 

There are two options. Play with Pidge and just be her closest friend, OR kiss her and imagine that she'll fall in love for you.  

Hi... Umm... okay...

PEACE OUT

-9th Pegasus