Chapter 11: This Is The Life

After school on Wednesday, Maxwell invited me over. So here I was now, chilling on the basement carpet, with my three guy friends.

"So your saying that you guys have never gone to the mall for fun?" I asked with total surprise.

"Going to the mall is not our definition of fun." Kyle said.

"Then what is your definition of fun?"

"I guess video games." Andrew said. The others nodded their heads.

"And reading." Kyle added.

"Some good movies." Maxwell also said. The others agreed.

"Lord of the Rings."

"Harry Potter."

"Star Wars."

"Star Trek."

"Okay, okay, I get it." I laughed. "So that's basically all you guys do for fun?"

Kyle shrugged his shoulders. "We have other hobbies too."

"Like...?"

"I play with my little brother." Maxwell said.

"I walk Thor!" Kyle insisted. Thor was what he named his puppy.

"And I cook." Andrew chuckled.

"You guys play any sports?" I wondered.

They didn't reply right away. After looking at each other for a few moments, Maxwell spoke up.

"WiiSports?"

We all burst out laughing at his comment. After we calmed down, Kyle asked what my hobbies are.

"Well, I like watching tv, reading's nice, I help out at the library whenever I can, I stalk celebrities on the internet aaaand I jog. That's basically it." I said. "Oh, and I've always wanted to do photography. I think it's really cool." I mentioned. The boys quickly looked at each other with smirks on their faces, but they stopped as quick as they started. I didn't bother thinking anything of it.

"Andrew sweetie, do you want to bake us something? Like cookies or cake?" Maxwell whined.

"Yeah, make us something while I beat Izzy's and Maxwell's butts in Mario Kart." I gave him a teasing glare.

"Hey, actually, I'll help out, if you don't mind." I said to Andrew. "I like the idea of baking."

"Uh, yeah, sure." Andrew replied shyly, scratching the back of his head. I followed him up the stairs as Kyle and Maxwell started their video game.

"Got any ideas?" I asked him once we reached the kitchen.

He nodded his head slightly, obviously deep in thought. "Yeah, some simple muffins should suffice."

He opened Maxwell's fridge and dug out a few ingredients.

"Lemon poppyseed, blueberry, or chocolate?" he asked me. That was a tough question.

"How about all three?" I offered. He nodded his head, agreeing.

"Good idea." he smiled warmly. "We'll make the same batter and then just add the different flavours."

And so, we spent the next few minutes adding, mixing and tasting. Now we were leaning against the counter, throwing blueberries into each other's mouthes as we waited for the muffins to bake.

"You're good at this." he said as he threw another blueberry which I successfully caught yet again. I smiled.

"And you sort of suck." I said, gesturing to the few blueberries on the floor. He chuckled. "Loooser." I sang, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Oh, I'm a loser now?" he said, taking a step towards me. I nodded my head confidently, making him smirk.

He was now dangerously close to me. I could practically feel his warmth. My cheeks flushed a light pink and I didn't move. I couldn't. I was trapped between the counter top and him. My eyes locked with his and my breath hitched in my throat.

"You have some flour in your hair." he said, taking it out. "Loser." he teased.

I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding. I quickly looked down and mumbled a thanks. At that moment the oven timer beeped. He chuckled softly and moved to get them out. I didn't look up. I was too embarrassed. I waited for my cheeks to cool off and for my heart to slow down. Once they did, I helped Andrew out.

"Thanks for helping out." he said, once we started walking downstairs with the muffins.

"No problem." I smiled. Once we reached the boys, they practically jumped out of their seats.

"Muffins!" they both yelled. Andrew and I stepped back, letting them attack the food. I rolled my eyes at their silliness.

"They aren't going to run away." Andrew laughed, cautiously reaching for some himself.

"He might eat them all." Kyle and Maxwell said at once, pointing at each other. I laughed, taking a few muffins and flopping onto the couch. Andrew sat down beside me.

"This is the life, eh?" he smiled.

"Sure is." I laughed, watching Kyle and Maxwell fight for the last muffin.

------------------------------
Vote, Comment, Follow :)