Chapter 22: Guess Who's Back

"I'm still shocked about that whole Brian thing." Andrew said as we both walked to his house. 

"That was days ago." I laughed. 

"Still, I didn't know you had that in you." he smiled. 

"You shouldn't underestimate me." I replied simply. 

"I won't from now on." he laughed, nudging my arm. 

We continued walking. Andrew promised (again) to teach me photography. Hopefully this time it will work out. I really wanted to learn at least a bit. 

When we got to his house, he quickly ran upstairs to grab his camera. I stayed downstairs and looked at his other photos, until his mom came to say hello. We had met many times before. She was a really nice lady, with light brown hair and green eyes. She was short; the opposite of Andrew. I had only seen his dad once, and just like in all the family photos, he looked exactly like an older version of Andrew; glasses, dark brown hair and eyes, tall, and an obvious quirky side.

"Hi, Isabella." she smiled sweetly. "It's good to see you again."

"Same with you. How are you doing?" I asked politely. Andrew's mom was so easy to talk to. 

"I'm good, like always." she replied. "What are you kids doing today?"

"We're actually going outside and Andrew's gonna teach me some photography. Hopefully I won't be too bad." I laughed slightly. 

"Ah, well have fun. And remember, you're welcome to stay for dinner." she offered. 

"Yes, thank you Mrs.Parker." I smiled. She left after that, and Andrew came down the stairs moments after. 

"Ready?" he asked. 

"Ready." I answered. 

We started to make our way outside.

"So I have a the whole day planned out. We go to the park, then the lake, then we come back for dinner, watch a movie, than you leave." he stated. I smiled.

"Sounds good."

We continued our walk down the streets and down trails. Andrew took many pictures a long the way, and gave me a few pointers, not that I knew anything about exposure. He said we were going to a few candid shots as well; I had to ask him what the heck candid meant. As you can tell, I know nothing about photography, but Andrew was helping me pretty well. 

*******

"It's not going to bite you!" 

"How do you know!?"

"It's a duck! How agressive can it be?" 

Andrew thought it was a splendid idea for me to take a picture of the duck in the pond. Little did he know how angry it looked. 

"It looks like it's about to eat my head off!" I yelled back. He was standing a safe distance away. 

"Just take another step, you'll get the perfect shot." he replied. I puffed out some air from my lips and slowly and carefully took a step forward. 

"Okay ducky, I'm going to take a few pictures of you now. I promise I won't hurt you. Just stay still..." I whispered to the duck. I raised Andrew's big camera to my face and snapped one picture. I guess the sound of the flash scared it, because it started to run towards me. I screamed and jumped up, sprinting towards Andrew. "I told you it's a crazy duck!" I exclaimed, turning my head around to see how far the duck was. It seemed to have stopped running, but still had it's wings out and seemed to be glaring at me. 

"That's it, we're going." I stated, taking his hand and leading him out of the area.

Andrew chuckled. "Could I at least see the photograph?" I handed him the camera and he looked at the picture. "That's actually really cool!" Andrew showed me the picture. The duck had just started raising its wings. It was awesome if I do say so myself.

"Pretty good for the first day." I smiled.

"Good indeed." he replied.

We walked and talked all the way back to his house, brushing hands now and then. Andrew told me some story about Max and Jamie which passed the time really quickly, and sooner than I know it, I'm sitting at the dinner table with Andrew and his mom.

"So, how's Kyle and Maxwell?" Mrs.Parker asked. Hearing her say Maxwell made me wonder if she knew about that skatepark. If she knew that Max, she definitely wouldn't be calling him Maxwell.

"They're good. Kyle twisted his ankle a few days ago from biking, but other than that, nothing's really new." he replied. So his mom did know.

We continued having a little chat as we finished up our lovely cooked dinner of lasagne. Andrew's mom seemed to be as good as a cook as Andrew. Maybe that's where he gets his skills from.

When we finished, we quickly cleaned up and Andrew took me upstairs to his room. I was still in awe every time I entered. He constantly added new photos onto his walls. I looked at his 'friend' wall. He had hung up pictures of our big group from Halloween and a few others too. I had always wanted to know who the girl in the other pictures was, so today I was going to ask him.

"Hey, um, who's this girl?" I asked, pointing to one of the pictures. The girl was beautiful, long brown silky hair, bright green eyes; just a gorgeous girl. And Andrew had seemed to be very close to her.

"Oh, she's, uh, a girl. She moved away." he replied bluntly. He seemed really awkward about it, and he didn't look like he wanted to talk to it. But I did want to know more.

"Did she-" I started, but I was cut off by the sound of the doorbell echoing through the house.

"I'll get it." Andrew said, getting up. I followed him. The person at the door seemed very impatient since he kept ringing the bell every 5 seconds. "What's going on." Andrew mumbled. He reached the door and turned the doorknob. It didn't surprise me to see Max and Kyle standing there; but, the excited expression on their faces, and what they said, did.

"Morgan's back." Kyle stated.