Chapter 17: The Other Friends

"Andy! Glad you made it bro!" one of the guys from the group called out as we made our way over. He seemed to have brown hair with a ginger tint. Andrew waved in return.

"That's Tyler." Andrew whispered to me. "He's a party animal."

"I see you finally brought your girlfriend." another guy smirked once we reached the people.

"She's not my girlfriend." Andrew explained.

"So then she's still on the market?" he grinned. Andrew rolled his eyes. "Well then it is my pleasure to meet such a beautiful girl like you." the guy said, taking my hand and kissing it. "I'm Mr.Right." he flashed a smile. I can't say that the action didn't make me blush a bit, but it was obvious that this guy was a flirt. I laughed slightly.

"Okay, that's enough Drake." a girl stepped in. "Let's not scare the guest right away. You're Isabella, right?" she said, turning to me. I nodded my head.

"Yeah."

"Andy said that you were coming. We've heard a bit about you." she smiled sweetly. "I'm Hannah."

"And I'm Jamie!" another girl stepped in, giving me a quick head nod. Jamie. Max's girlfriend. She had jet black hair with bright blue tips. She suited the punk Max, or, well, the real Max.

"I wasn't scaring the girl, I was luring her in with my charm." Drake pointed out, winking at me.

"And it might've worked if you actually had some charm." I smirked, crossing my arms. I heard Andrew chuckle from behind.

"I like this girl already!" Jamie exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

"Any enemy of Drake is a friend of ours!" Hannah chimed in. I laughed as Drake fake pouted.

"Girls are evil." he mumbled.

"Did Max or Kyle text you when they're coming?" Tyler asked Andrew.

"Haven't heard a word from them." Andrew replied.

"Strange. Max hasn't answered any of my text's either." Jamie added.

"They'll show up eventually. They wouldn't miss this." Hannah reassured. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"What should we do until they get here?" Drake asked no one in particular.

"Halloween charades!" Tyler yelled.

"Girls versus boys?" Jamie offered.

"Let's do it." Andrew smiled. We all went over to the bleachers and took a seat. Girls on one side, boys on the other.

"I call going first!" Tyler exclaimed. Hannah took out her phone to time it.

"You have 20 seconds to act it out." she said. Tyler walked to the ground in front of the bleachers and started running around, pretending to have something in between his legs.

"A witch!" Drake called out almost immediately. Jamie went next. We got it quickly; she was pretending to be a mummy.

Vampires, ghosts, headless horsemen, bats, even candy corn was acted out in the course of 30 minutes. We stopped playing once we ran out of ideas.

"It's dark and they're still not here." Jamie stated. She was right. It was not far from 8:00pm. The sun had set and it was getting cooler, and Kyle and Max still hadn't showed up.

"Can't we just start the campfire without them?" Hannah whined.

There was some chatter, and eventually everyone started to split up. Andrew told me to just stay here while they went to go collect firewood. I decided to climb up one of the tall ramps and sit at the top. It was a good view; you could see the street on one side, and the small woods on the other side.