Chapter 16: The Truth

"It's time for me to explain some stuff." he stated. I made myself comfortable. "As you've already found out, Kyle, Maxwell and I aren't exactly the people we pretend to be at school. And that's because at one point, we were popular." I cracked a small smile at that. "Yeah, I know, us? Popular? But we were. We were the cool guys with the bikes and scooters and stuff. Girls all had crushes on us. But we decided to end it after grade 8. Before high school hit, we made a plan to become nerds. So people would forget us, so they wouldn't pay attention to us. And since most people are stereotyping imbeciles, we were off the top of the charts after the first few days. The people that we used to know, the girls that used to chase after us pretended to not know us. I guess they didn't want to affect their popularity status by hanging out with 'the nerds'. And that's exactly what we wanted. We were tired of fakes, and popularity, and stereotypes. Becoming 'nerds' at school made us so uncool that no one talked to us. Except for you. You some how looked past the stereotype and got to know us. We became friends. Well, sort of. I know what your thinking; friends don't lie to each other."
I looked down at my lap since that was exactly what I was going to say. Andrew continued. "And I know, the three of us are totally stupid to not have told you about our true selves, but we didn't know what to do. You were the only person from school that wanted to become friends. We didn't want to tell you right away in case you ended up ditching us. We were going to tell you eventually, but you found out before we could."

I didn't look up from my lap, but I could feel Andrew looking at me, waiting for me to say something, anything. I had a few questions flying around my head, but only one came out.

"Will you teach me how to do photography?" I asked in a quiet tone. I looked up and saw Andrew looking at me with a surprised look.

"Of course." he smirked. I nodded my head slightly and looked back down at my hands. "Anything else you want to know...?" he asked. I shook my head.

"I'll find out the rest eventually. This is enough information for now." I mumbled. I felt the end of the bed rise, which caused me to look up. Andrew had stood up and walked over to his desk.

"There's a little get-together my friends at the skatepark are doing tonight. I was wondering if you want to go. You can meet our other friends and stuff." he said.

"When is it?"

"Starts in an hour." he replied. I looked down at my phone. It was about 6:00pm now. "Max and Kyle are coming too."

"Max?" I smiled.

"Oh, um, yeah." he muttered. "That's what everyone calls him. Most call me Andy or Drew."

"Does anyone call you Andrew?" I wondered.

"No." he answered.

"Can I keep calling you Andrew?"

He smiled. "Yeah." he replied. "Max's girlfriend's going to be there." he added.

"Really?" My eyes lite up. "I'll get to meet her?!" I smiled. Andrew nodded his head. "Yes!" I exclaimed.

"I can teach you some photography basics tonight if you want." he proposed, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I'd like that." I smiled.

"Cool." he replied. There was a small silence and a quick staring contest, but eventually I broke it.

"Could we hop into my house before we go? I kinda want to change out of this." I stated, gesturing to my outfit. Andrew chuckled.

"Sure thing." he replied. He swiftly ruffled his hair, grabbed his phone, picked up his camera bag, and took a sweater out of his closet. "Let's get going then."

~~~~~~~

After quickly changing into something warmer and nicer, and telling Ethan where I was going, Andrew and I made our way to the skatepark.

"How many people are gonna be there?" I asked along the way.

"Including us, probably 10." he answered.

"You know them all well?"

"Yep. The group of us go way back. We started hanging out in like 4th grade."

We continued talking until we reached the skatepark. From there, things got interesting.

------------------------------
Vote, Comment, Follow :)