Chapter 26: The Problem Speaks

I turned around and found Andrew standing there with his hands in his front pockets. I quickly said a goodbye to Carly, and hung up.

"Um, hi, Andrew." I replied awkwardly.  I don't know why he was here. First he doesn't talk to me for 3 days and then he goes ahead and acts all normal.

"What's up?" he asked casually. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um, well I'm okay... I guess." I said. I crossed my arms as he walked over to the fridge.

"Why only okay?

"Because life isn't going completely as planned right now and I'm kind of confused." I gritted through my teeth. It annoyed me how casual he was acting.

"Oh. Well I hope that problem gets solved soon." he stated, taking a water bottle out.

"The problem is only seeming to get worse." I mumbled.

"What was that?" he said. Okay, I really wanted the old Andrew back. The one that would have this complete geeky and quirky side. The one that would be so glad to teach you how to take stunning pictures, or help you with his favorite video games. I wanted the Andrew that I could talk to for hours, and laugh for just as long. I wanted to get lost in his eyes again, I wanted to sit close to him, I wanted to act like old friends.

"Look, Andrew, I think we should talk." I sighed, looking around the kitchen. Andrew was leaning against the counter casually.

"About what?" 

"About... you know. This." I stuttered, gesturing a bit with my arms. 

"About Max's kitchen?" he asked teasingly. I let out a loud sigh. 

"No, I don't mean Max's kitchen, I mean about, well, you." I stated. "About us." I practically whispered. 

"Well there's not much to say-"

"Yes there is!" I exclaimed. "We haven't talked in a very, very long time." I pointed out. 

"Well, we're talking now." he said, taking a drink from his water bottle. I breathed in slowly, trying to keep my cool. 

"Yes, I know we're talking now, but I want to know why you've been acting so strangely." I finally put out, crossing my arms in the process. 

"Acting strangley?" he asked, mainly to himself. "I've been myself." 

"No, you haven't. First you go ahead and totally ignore me when Morgan comes, and now you casually-" but I didn't get to complete my sentence because Morgan walked in. 

"Hey, Andy. There you are. I was wondering where you went." she smiled. "The movie's about to start. You should come back too Izzy!" 

I didn't reply.

"Yeah, Isabella, can we just finish this conversation after?" Andrew asked, walking over to Morgan. 

"Later." I mumbled. "No." I stated. He turned around. 

"What?" he asked, not concealing his surprise. 

"I said, no. Look, Andrew, you've been acting like a total jerk to me every since Morgan got here." I started ranting. "And it doesn't actually have anything to do with her. It's you." I stated bluntly, walking over to him. "You haven't talked to me for days. You wouldn't answer my texts, my calls, or even talk to me. You wouldn't even acknowledge me. And you know what makes it all worse? The fact that you walk into this kitchen five minutes ago and pretend that's nothing's going on. As if we're been buddy-buddies for life." 

I wasn't yelling or anything, but I knew that Andrew was getting a bit awkward. 

"We are friends, Isabella. We've been friends for-"

"Did I mean anything to you, Andrew?" I asked, squeezing my eyes closed. I breathed in a couple times than opened them. "Did those couple of times we almost kissed mean anything to you?" I whispered, looking him straight into the eyes. 

"You kissed her?" Morgan burst in. 

"Almost." Andrew mumbled. He looked down to his feet, and scratched the back of his neck. That action was one of the things that I always found really cute about him. I waited for a reply from my question, but it never came. 

"Yeah, well, good to know that I meant something to you in return" I replied with sarcasm. 

And with that, I turned around slowly and left Max's house. 

----------------------------------

Vote, Comment, Follow :)