Chapter 24: I Don't Have A Crush On Him

"She's literally perfect for him."

"I'm sure she's not perfect."

"But she is! She's absolutley stunning, her voice is angelic, she's big on photography, she skateboards, she's smart because she even-"

"Izzy. Breathe." Carly stated. And so I did. 

I convinced Carly to sit with me at the boys table because I didn't want to look like a loser. They were sitting and talking to themselves, forgetting that I was even there. Carly gave me some company. 

"So she's perfect for him, so what?" Carly said. "Unless.... someone has a crush." she sang. 

"I don't have a crush on him."

"Izzy, don't lie." she teased. "You guys almost kissed, what, like three times?" 

"Yeah, but that was then. He hasn't even said a word to me since I was at his house. Not even a head nod or something. I thought he liked me, and I thought I liked him, but I can see it clear as day now that that's not the case anymore." I stated. I took a bite of my pizza. 

"I'm sorry, Iz." she said gently. 

"Yeah, I am too." I replied bitterly. "Let's go."

Carly and I started to get up. 

"Bye, guys." I mumbled to the boys, not caring if they heard me or not. I continued to get up, but someone was blocking my way out. Nicole. 

"Hi, Nicole." I sighed, not wanting to deal with her right now.

"Hi!" she squeled. "Congratulations!"

"Congratualtions for what?" I asked confused. 

"On getting a boyfriend!" she smiled. 

"A boyfriend? I don't have a boyfri-"

"Oh, stop hiding it, Iz. You and Andrew make a wonderful pair." she cheered with so much fake enthusiasm, it disgusted me. 

"Look, I don't know where you got this rumour, but it's obviously not true." I said, crossing my arms. I didn't want to talk to Nicole, much less about Andrew. 

"Oh please, it's obvious you like that nerdy kid." she grinned evily. 

"Why does everyone call him that!?" I exclaimed. "He's not a nerdy kid!" I was fed up with everything at the moment. Nicole and jerky Andrew was not a good combination for the day. 

Nicole laughed an earpiercing laugh. "Oh, Izzy, you're so funny."

"Yeah, sure, whatever." I sighed, stepping around her. 

"So, you are dating him?" she called.

"Yeah! And Santa Claus is real!" I replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and walked away. Carly was walking beside me in no time. "Today is not a good day." I muttered. 

"Don't worry, things will get better." she replied calmly. I didn't say anything. We went over to our lockers. At that moment I got a text from Max. He invited me over to his after school, and apologized for their behavior. I replied to him quickly, saying that I'll be there. I locked my phone and continued to talk to Carly.

 ---------------------------------

Vote, Comment, Follow :)