Chapter 15: Photography

"Hey, Isabella, could we talk?" Andrew asked. He looked me right into my eyes; his soft brown ones pleading with mine. I nodded my head slowly before I could get any words out.

"Okay." I simply replied. I eventually looked away from his emotion filled eyes and looked at Ethan. "I'll be back eventually. I have my phone with me." I told Ethan. I sent him a weak smile, while he gave me a reassuring one in return. I quickly tied on some shoes and headed out the door. It had totally slipped my mind that I was in sweatpants and a hoodie, with my hair in a high ponytail.

"Do you mind if we walk to my house? I think it's time for you to know the, um, real me." he said. I just nodded my head, not being able to say anything in reply.

The walk was quiet to say the least. And maybe a bit awkward. I had so many questions in my head, but I didn't think this was the right time to say anything. I couldn't just list all of my questions and expect him to answer them all. I figured it would be better to let him start explaining.

"Before I start, I want to apologize first." he spoke. I looked up at him to find that his eyes were filled with so much sorrow and regret, that I couldn't look away. "I want to say sorry. Sorry for all the confusion I caused, and I promise to explain everything. Anything you want to know, I'll tell you." he said with so much passion, it was hard not to believe him. I nodded my head and yet again said the only word that seemed to come from my lips.

"Okay."

He sighed slightly, and looked away. I followed him inside his house.

"There's a reason as to why you've never been in my house." he started. "As you've probably figured out, I do photography. I love it. And, well, my mom insists on putting a lot of my photographs along the walls." he explained, gesturing around. Sure enough when he led me through the hallway, the living room, the kitchen; there were different photos with different edits hanging everywhere. I walked around in awe. I've always wanted to be able to take beautiful photos and make outstanding edits.

"Here, I'll show you my room." he said, grabbing my wrist gently. I was surprised by the sudden action, but didn't complain.

"You've never been to Maxwell's or Kyle's room, correct?" he asked along the way. I nodded my head. I've never seen their rooms. "Well that's because their rooms show their true side as well. Remind me to explain to you their real sides."

Walking up the stairs and down the upstairs hallway, there were pictures of family members and him as a child. He looks just like his father.

Andrew opened a door at the end of the hallway. When he pushed the door, my mouth fell open.

His room was covered in photographs. And he has a large room, may I add. Row by row, column by column; two of his walls were hidden behind average sized photos. I couldn't hold in my curiosity and I took some steps forward. I faintly noticed Andrew's grip slip from my wrist as I walked to one of the walls with his desk and a bookshelf. Every open space was covered with pictures of what seemed to be pictures of friends. I looked over every single photo, one by one, with my mouth slightly ajar. They were amazingly edited to make practically all the pictures different.  There were tons of photographs of Maxwell and Kyle; from when they were younger to what seemed to be now. There were photos of people I didn't recognize doing tricks at the skatepark. There were a number of selfies with him and a girl...

I turned to the wall beside it. There was a smaller space of available wall since there were windows lining the wall, but he fit quite a few photographs nonetheless. These ones were more of scenery, landscapes, and nature. They were all breathtaking.

The third was had plenty of pictures of his family. I again noticed how similar him and his father looked. 

"These are... beautiful." I whispered in awe. "What are you going to put on the last wall?" I asked, gesturing to the wall that the length of his bed was leaned against.

"Well on that one," he started, pointing to the one his bed was against, "I was thinking of putting pictures of something... special. I just don't know what it is yet. So I could fall asleep thinking of those moments, of that place." he explained.

"Are these all the photos you've taken?"

"No, no, no." he chuckled yet again. "I take way too many to fit them all on my walls. Every single one of my photographs are in albums." he answered. He walked over to his bookshelf and pointed to two shelves that were occupied by photo albums.

"How long have you been taking pictures?"

"Professionally, probably since I was 12. I've always been really fascinated by photography though."

I nodded my head since I didn't have anymore questions about his photography.

"Here, sit down." he said, patting the bed he sat on. I made my way over and sat across from him. "It's time for me to explain some stuff."