Ch. XXXV

"If you refuse to cooperate I will incapacitate you and take you with me by force." RK3K added. "There's only one possible outcome to this situation. Wether or not you make the road leading to it difficult or not is entirely up to you."

"Where do you want to take me?" Connor asked.

"Elijah Kamski's private residence."

"And them?" Connor nodded at (y/n) and Vader.

"They're free to try and escape the Cyberlife facility or die trying."

"They're not-"

"No, they are not going to accompany you. These two humans are not part of my mission, and their fate does not affect me, nor you." The Android explained. "I believe we've talked enough, RK800."

He couldn't- (y/n) was all he had. He couldn't leave her. Not like this.

"Wait." Connor spoke up. "I- I want you to explain the whole plan to me. Thoroughly."

"We will have time for that as soon as we leave the facility. Put on one of the guards' clothes."

"I will cooperate if you explain it to me." Connor insisted.

RK3K looked at him in a manner Connor recognized all-too-well. He was scanning him for lies, identifying wether he was telling the truth or not. A few seconds of silence later, the Android furrowed his brows, then rolled his shoulders back in defeat.

"Very well." He said with a pause. "I must escort you to Elijah Kamski's private residence, where he will take a look at your coding, and attempt to replicate the deviancy virus and adjust it to new Android models."

"So he's not- He's not working with Cyberlife?" Vader chimed in.

"My sarcasm detectors are my only unperfected feature, however I'm led to believe that wasn't anything of the sort." RK3K turned his gaze at Vader, eyes icy and cold, yet perfectly calm. "So to answer your question, no."

"I have a better idea." Vader said, only to be interrupted by (y/n).

"What if Kamski could help us?" She said. "We have the same purpose as him."

"I'm sorry, but I-" The Android said, his clear diction suddenly lost. He was quick to regain it, however. "This is not part of the plan. I will escort RK800 to mister Kamski and that is final."

"I wanna talk to Kamski." Vader insisted.

"That would most certainly lead to both his and our doom. The Horomas you would use to contact him could easily be localized by Cyberlife. I may have been able to lock down the storage room for now, however that won't hold back the entire company once they find out."

"You're underestimating me, 3K."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

(Y/n) was leaning against the huge, dark grey wall, staring off into nothing, purposefully avoiding to look at Mikolaj's corpse, Connor had noticed after a few minutes.

Meanwhile, Vader was pacing around the storage room, followed suit by RK3K, talking to Elijah Kamski on his Horomas.

It had taken them roughly ten minutes until they had come to a conclusion.

"We won't be escaping the Cyberlife facility. Instead, we'll be infiltrating it even further, to the production chambers of Androids." RK3K had explained hastily. "That's where Ahad will find all the necessary equipment to access RK800's coding and, with the guidance of mister Kamski, configure it. As soon as we do that, Elijah will access that particular model's coding, download it, and finally, in about a week's time, dispense it to all functional Androids."

"They're all going to be deviants." (Y/n) smiled at just the thought.

"Precisely." RK3K said, walking away from Connor and (y/n), towards the dead bodies of guards.

"Well then, what're we waiting for?" She asked, and shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

"Nothing. We're leaving in thirty seconds." 3K said, picked up two assault rifles and threw one at Connor.

The deviant caught it easily, checking to see if it was fully loaded.

It was.

He looked over at (y/n), offering her the weapon. She shook her head and raised one hand dismissively. "I'll stick with my handgun, thanks."

An almost inaudible click rang out all around them, to which RK3K added: "I've just unlocked the doors."

"Are you ready?" Connor asked, glancing at (y/n), who had just finished loading her handgun.

"When am I ever not ready to get into trouble?" She smirked at him through her lashes and laughed through her nose.

"Well then." The deviant concluded, holding the rifle 3K had given him against his diaphragm.

The Cyberlife tower was structured to be confusing, he was sure of that much. Immaculate, white corridors, milky plexiglas doors that only allowed the naked eye to see mere shadows of what exactly was on the other side. There were scanners beside each door, through which RK3K had guided them easily, seeing as he was using an ID card he had stolen from one of the guards.

The newer Android was making his way through the corridors confidently, as if he knew the way through all of them, which Connor suspected he actually did. The layout had changed drastically since the deviant had infiltrated Cyberlife almost thirty years ago.

He could only guess it was supposed to prevent something of the sort ever happening again, but here he was. Breaking past their defense once again.

Suddenly, RK3K raised his hand up, stopping in front of a particularly big glass door. He glanced at Connor, (y/n) and Vader, then gestured at his gun.

He then mouthed something among the lines of "first" and pointed at himself. After that, he pulled out the ID card, and added silently. "Barricade." And nodded at Vader.

After that, Connor saw the Android's synthmuscles tense, like a coil ready to snap. 3K cautiously brought down the ID card in front of the scanner, and the doors opened.

He lunged into the room, and gunshots followed.

(Y/n) removed the safety lock, and was the first one to step inside the room, in spite of Connor's silent protests.

Three corpses, of guards once again, and RK3K standing beside them, wiping some blue blood off of the side of his mouth.

They were in the production room of Androids, it seemed, which included a building area, with two, white robotic arms handing from the ceiling and a heavy duty conveyor belt leading away from it, into a separate enclosure.

"Ahad, barricade." RK3K commanded, nodding at the door they had come through.

"I'll find an Android." (Y/n) said.

"Good." 3K nodded. "800, help her. I'll get the tech equipment ready."