Ch. XXXVI

"What about this one?" (Y/n) asked and nodded at an Android with dark hair styled into a bun, round cheeks and a heart-shaped face with gentle green eyes.

AX800.

"Yes." Connor said. "That could work."

The deviant put his hand on top of the box the Android was packed in, then glanced at (y/n). "Do you have a knife?"

"Yeah. Mikolaj's. I- Here." She seemed to stifle a sniffle, then handed it to Connor.

He had to fix this. Somehow. But he didn't even know where to start. They were in the middle of the Cyberlife tower, hiding behind a virtual barricade. There wasn't much he could say to help ease the process of grieving.

"I'm sorry."

"Not your fault, Con." Her voice was almost a broken sob. "I did this. All of this. If I hadn't found you, if I hadn't paid Zlat to fix you, if I had-"

"I wouldn't want any of that." He admitted.

"You must be really masochistic to think infiltrating Cyberlife is fun, huh?" She snickered through the tears that had started to stream down her face.

"No, I- I appreciate that I get to do it with you." Connor explained. "Thank you. For all of this. For bringing me back. For taking care of me to the best of your abilities."

He heard (y/n) laugh to her nose.

"I should be the one thanking you." She wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "But...We, we probably don't have time for this. We should-"

He didn't know what got into him. He only knew that wrapping his arm around (y/n)'s frame, pulling her in close and placing a quick peck on her lips was the right thing to do.

"Just in case." He whispered against her mouth, feeling it curve into a smile. Just in case he wouldn't get to do this again, he mentally added.

"Okay." She answered and returned the chaste action quickly. Connor could taste traces of her tears on his lips.

Once they had freed the AX800 from her packaging and made sure to keep her from restarting, they dragged her to the robotic arms with the generous help of 3K.

"RK800, join the AX800." RK3K commanded and nodded at the robotic arms. He moved to stand beside it, gluing his arms to his sides. The Android thrned towards (y/n), holding one of the devices Connor had woken up with plugged into his nape. "Connect that to him."

"On it." She answered and easily caught the device when 3K had tossed it at her.

"Go into stasis mode, Kamski said that'd make Ahad's work easier." The Android ordered, then strode over to Vader, who was kneeling in front of a computer, typing in something hastily, then looking at Connor.

"I won't let anything happen to you." (Y/n) promised as she walked around Connor, to stand behind him. She placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it softly, soothingly. "I'll be there when you wake up."

"Alright." The deviant answered and swallowed visibly, closing his eyes.

INITIATING STASIS MODE

The last thing he felt was (y/n)'s hand on his shoulder and metal piercing through the back of his neck.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Waking up should've been something slow, comfortable.

It wasn't.

Not for Connor.