chapter fourteen.

──────────────────✬ * ˚ ✶
˚ ₊ ♡ 𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕱𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ₊˚.༄
♯ 𝘓𝘌𝘈𝘝𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘛𝘖𝘞𝘕

╰───────────────────✬ * ˚ ✶

SOUNDS OF BIRDS chirping alerted the sleeping Heretic. Sunlight beamed the brunette Original. Across from the sat Klaus Mikaelson. He woke up moments ago and leaned against a tree staring at his sister like a hawk. Rage pooled his blue eyes in betrayal.

Five hundred years and he finally found Lyanna Mikaelson. Throughout the supernatural world, she was known to be the kindest yet dangerous Mikaelson only when it comes to crossing the people she cared about.

The Lyanna he knew centuries ago would hide behind her big brothers and promised to always stay by their sides. Elijah, Finn, and Kol were all protective of Lyanna. But out of all of them, he was overprotective of Lyanna to the point where he isolated her. The first time someone batted an eyelash towards the heretic he snapped.

Different from all her siblings, Klaus found it infuriating that she created loyalties with other people other than him and their family. Katerina is one of those people. And now the whole Mystic Fall gang that his sister is acquainted with.

The hybrid studied her up close. Lyanna's long locks now became shorter just below her shoulders. Her fashion sense changed dramatically, something Rebekah would be proud of. The biggest surprise to him is how the Mikaelson would go by the Salvatore name and play sister with the brothers instead to keep people from finding how who she really is.

His train of thoughts broke when Lyanna let out a small yawn, her forest-green eyes waking up.

Flashbacks of what happened last night clouded Lyanna's mind. Immediately, she saw Klaus naked except with his boxers on. Scrunching her nose in disgust, she found a nearby branch and stabbed him in the chest.

The hybrid let out a growl of pain, feeling the wood scrape against his heart. "I can't believe you killed Jenna, you asshole!" Lyanna snapped. Jenna of all people didn't deserve to die. She was to continue living her life with Alaric.

Lyanna yanks the wood out and grabbed him by the neck, choking him in the process.

Klaus replaced the look of pain with fury. "Me? How dare you betray me again?! You already stopped the sacrifice five hundred years ago, do you need to do it again!"

"Seriously? Are you really going to bring up the past? Elijah found a way to still have the sacrifice without sacrificing Katherine. Yet you didn't listen at all! Jenna was someone who had to put her life on hold to raise two children. Now she's gone along with her sister. Jeremy doesn't have any family left."

"Enough. What's your relationship with the Salvatores?" he demanded, not willing to accept his faults and apologize. The fact that she's been taking on the Salvatore name instead of using her real name bothered him.'