chapter twenty eight

‧₊˚ ♡ 𝓑𝑳𝑼𝑬 𝓗𝑶𝑵𝑬𝒀 . . . ! ࿐◞⋆🌿
𝗮 𝙱𝙾𝙽𝙽𝙸𝙴 𝙱𝙴𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚃𝚃 𝗳𝗮𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓❝ BIRTHDAY GIRL ❞︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿ ⋆ ˖୨♡୧˖⋆ ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

❝ BIRTHDAY GIRL ❞
︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿ ⋆ ˖୨♡୧˖⋆ ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

MEANWHILE, AT THE SALVATORE boarding house, Elena Gilbert walked over to the entrance and opened the door to find Klaus standing outside.

"Thank you for coming." Elena breathed slightly, refusing to show any signs of fear by keeping her back straight.

Klaus ignored the doppelgänger and barged into the house. "I trust you have news of Stefan?"

"I couldn't find him." Elena lied smoothly as she turned to the hybrid. "But I have something else."

In the cellar, Elena opened the door to Rebekah's cell. Inside laid Rebekah on the ground, daggered.

"My poor sister. I can't turn my back on her and Lyanna for a moment." Klaus muttered. "I leave them and when I come back, Rebekah was daggered, and Lyanna refuses to give me answers."

Elena crossed her arms preventing herself from flinching at his tone. "You have Rebekah. A deal is a deal."

Klaus looked at Elena and pondered for a minute. "The life of my sister in exchange for your brother? Yeah, I'd say that's a bargain. Consider him spared."

"You should know I was the one that daggered her. When she wakes, she'll come after me." Elena told him, thinking about the consequences she'll face when Rebekah comes after her. Or possibly face the wraith of a certain Heretic.

"I can control Rebekah. Besides, I still need your help finding Stefan."

"I told you, I don't know where he is." Elena lied again.

"You're lying." Klaus spoke annoyed as he undaggered Rebekah. "Fortunately, you have no shortage of loved ones. If I don't find my family, the question you should be asking yourself is who's gonna die next!"

"Bonnie? Caroline? Damon?" Klaus smirked when he saw a flicker of emotion in Elena's eyes. "It's only a matter of time before Stefan gives me what I want."

Elena stepped forward and finally had the courage to yell at the hybrid. "You seriously want Lyanna to hate you more for going after Bonnie? Not surprised." the doppelgänger glared at him hatefully.

"He doesn't care about me anymore. You made sure of that. You turned him into a monster. Now he's your problem." Elena's face morphed into a smug expression. "And just so you know, I'm not the only one that Rebekah wants dead. She knows what you did to your mother. She knows that you killed her. You can't let yourself out." Elena was about to leave when Klaus held her back. His eyes show panic and worry.