What? (Chapter Twelve)

Your eyes fluttered open as you woke up. You were lying on the foam pads in the Breaker Room. Your whole body ached with pain. You groaned and coughed weakly.

"(Y/N)! Oh-oh my g-od!" Freddy exclaimed and pulled you towards him.

"Ow."

Freddy hugged you tightly and sighed shakily. You rested your knees by Freddy's sides, your arms dangling by yours.

"You're ali-i-ive!" Freddy laughed and looked at you.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" you croaked, holding your head.

"Well, your heart stopped beating for a few seconds," Bon-Bon wept and hugged your arm.

"Oh, well . . . I'm here, aren't I?" you said weakly.

You looked Freddy in the eyes and smiled. Bon-Bon crawled up your arm and onto your shoulder. Freddy blushed when he noticed you were sitting in his lap.

"I'm sorry a-bout pulling y-you so clo-o-ose to me," Freddy confessed shyly.

Freddy put his hand and arm on your waist to help you move and you tensed. Bon-Bon jumped down onto the foam and watched you two. Freddy quickly moved his hand and arm away from you and blushed brighter. You felt something in your chest, but before you could tell what it was, your head started to throb in pain. You hissed, holding your head.

"A-are you okay?" Freddy asked you, his hand and arm ran up your back.

You blushed hard and the pain in your head increased. You closed your eyes and gritted your teeth. Bon-Bon put his hands on your knee and looked up at you. You groaned and laid your head on Freddy's shoulder. The pain in your head just kept increasing and you cried out.

"Ooh, di-id I do th-i-is?" Freddy whimpered and laid you back on the bed.

You curled up on the bed. The pain started to subside and you sighed. Bon-Bon crawled in front of your face as you whined a weak laugh. You looked up at him and smiled weakly.

"Ugh," you groaned as you sat up; you put a hand on your head, and the pain went away.

"(Y/N)?" Bon-Bon looked up at you.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I just . . . I'm gonna go get some fresh air," you said and stood up.

You didn't know what was going on and it scared you. You shuffled to and through the vents. Once in the elevator, you pressed the button and ascended. You huffed and tapped your foot, waiting impatiently for the elevator to stop.

"Ugh," you growled, walking out of the elevator.

You sighed. You felt so many emotions, that you didn't know what to do with yourself. First, when Bon-Bon told you that Freddy loved you, you had so many thoughts run through your mind, that it all just seemed to be a blur. Then, when you were "messing" with Freddy, time started to slow down and you felt something. Finally, when Freddy pulled you close to him, you could feel it in his touch.and voice that he really did care about you--then that "something" sparked.

You walked into the kitchen and grabbed one of the foam cups. Opening the fridge, you scooped out some ice and filled your cup. You closed the fridge and chewed on the ice, leaving the kitchen.

"Why?" you yelled to nobody.

You opened the front doors and walked outside. You were met with a starry sky and a cool breeze. You looked for a spot to sit down and decided that a place against the wall was nice. You sat down as you put a few pieces of ice in your mouth.

"What is this? I know Freddy likes me, but do I feel the same way about him? No- I can't. He's an animatronic and I'm a human. And how the hell does he have feelings? He's a robot that is programmed to entertain--not to love," you mumbled to yourself and chewed on a couple more pieces of ice.

You grunted and stared at your feet. You threw your head back in frustration, but hit your head on the wall. You squinted and rubbed the back of your head.

"This is stupid! Emotions are stupid! Nothing makes sense!" you yelled.

You threw your hands up into the air and ended up spilling your ice on the ground and on yourself. You gritted your teeth and threw your cup, but since it was foam, it only got as far as your foot. It slowly rolled towards you, as if to mock you. Your eye twitched as you stared at the cup. You sighed and dropped your hands by your sides in defeat.

You looked up into the sky and followed the stars. The ice in your lap slowly started to melt. You relaxed and decided to just let any thoughts flow by.

~ ~ ~ ~

After what felt like minutes--which in reality, was actually an hour--you grabbed your cup and stood up. You dusted yourself off and walked inside. You walked into the kitchen and threw away your cup. When you walked out, you heard a door open. You scanned the building, but nothing was out of place.

You slowly walked towards the stage. When you got to the elevator, you stopped and listened for anything. You were about to turn back around, when you saw someone peek around the opening of the archway. They scared the absolute shit out of you. They looked like a little girl, which didn't help much. When you made eye contact, she quickly moved out of sight.

"Hey, kid. Are you lost?" you asked her.

You scratched the back of your neck and hopped off the stage. You walked towards the archway and tried to look around the corner.

"No need to be scared," you laughed, trying to ease the tension.

"I'm not afraid. Are you?" the girl whispered--in a British accent--making your hairs stand on end.

"Why would I be?" you said, reaching the archway.

"It's not every day you speak with a ghost," she said matter-of-factly.

Photo is by YugiTatsu on DeviantArt