New Home (Chapter Sixteen)

It was 3:46 PM. You had been driving for almost twelve hours and you were starting to get tired.

"Hey, Ballora, do you mind taking the wheel?" You yawned.

"Sorry, I don't know how to drive," she admitted.

"But then, how did you get to Walmart that time I was sick?"

"Well, I flew."

"What?"

"I possessed a bird and flew. There, I talked to some guy who seemed very . . . 'friendly.' "

"Wait, you talked to someone? Why did you do that?" Baby ranted.

"Well, he said that he knew I could talk, and that he's talked to the 'bird queen' before," Ballora explained.

"Oh, okay. He must've been high off his ass!" you laughed.

"What does that mean? Why are you laughing?" Baby barked.

"It means he took something that made him really loopy and forget everything that would happen in the next twenty-four hours," you told her.

"Why is that funny?" Baby asked you.

"Oh, never mind," you sighed.

~ ~ ~ ~

You yawned as you drove through the woods on a dirt road. You'd been on that trail for ten minutes. It was blocked off by a gate, that you had to open and close. You didn't know for sure where exactly it led to. It was 8:36 PM--the light of the full moon passed through the branches of the tree.

"Where are we going?" Bon-Bon asked from the passenger seat.

"There should be an abandoned building up through here. It said so on the sign by the gate . . . At least, I hope it's abandoned," you replied.

"Are we go-onna be staying the-e-ere?" Freddy wondered.

"No shit, Sherlock!" Foxy taunted.

You purposefully stomped on the brakes, sending Foxy flying between the seats and falling face first on the floor. "Oh, shit. Sorry. Are you okay?"

"Did you do that on purpose?" Foxy grumbled, shaking his head.

"I saw a rabbit."

You had seen a rock looking like a rabbit, so you weren't lying, but that wasn't why you had stomped on the brakes. Foxy grumbled as he stood up. You looked over at Bon-Bon, smirking, and you winked. Bon-Bon giggled.

"Anyways, we are staying there, for now. Oh, there it is!" you exclaimed, pointing to the small wooden house.

As you got closer, you saw that the house looked broken down. The paint on the outside was chipping. There were two window frames that had a few shards of glass still in them. A couple of broken planks of wood led up to a small porch. The road--or driveway--led to the right side of the porch. You parked the truck and turned it off.

"Alright, guys, we're here," you observed.

"Yeah, we know," Foxy groaned, opening up the back of the truck.

You sighed and reached over for your suitcase--it was on the floor in front of Freddy. You grabbed it and hopped out of the truck.

"Ooh, this stupid ground is dirty!" Foxy complained.

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. It's called dirt!" you yelled back.

Foxy glared at you as the rest of the animatronics piled out of the truck. You cautiously stepped over the pieces of wood and onto the porch. The double doors--that led into the house--were ajar.