Poor Kid (Chapter Thirteen)

"I'm sorry?" you said, unsure you heard her right.

"I'm dead," she said, as if you should've known.

Getting a better look at her, you saw that she had green eyes and a red bow set in her blonde hair. She wore a pink shirt--with two cute buttons--and a blue skirt. The only odd thing about her was that she was covered in blood.

"Where are your parents?" you asked the little girl.

"You will be too, if you don't leave," the girl said, ignoring your question.

"Okay, kid, that's a bit creepy. But seriously, what are you doing here?"

She just sighed and looked around, not responding. She seemed sad.

"I'm sorry for having to hurt you. You were getting too attached to those animatronics," the girl confessed.

"What?" you wondered, your eyes wide with shock.

"I also gave you the dream and vision. And I may've knocked you out- But it was only to help you. I promise," she added.

"But how? What? Why?" you spoke, dumbfounded.

"Like I said, I'm a ghost. The animatronics are not good. I'm surprised they haven't already taken your skin--they tried to do that to the last technician. It could be anytime that they decide that they don't need you anymore. And I don't want that to happen to you. You seem nice," she explained.

"But, we've become good friends. They won't hurt me. Although, I don't know if I could say the same about Foxy."

"Yeah, that's what I thought too." She sighed.

"What do you mean?" you murmured, noting the pain in her voice.

"My daddy made Baby, just for me. She was so pretty, and shiny, and she could even make balloons. Daddy never let me play with her, though. I didn't think it was fair, so I decided to play with her on my own. She seemed wonderful--she even gave me ice cream. But when the other children left, something grabbed me and pulled me into Baby's stomach. It hurt, but only for a moment. And then everything was dark and quiet. Daddy didn't just make her for me. Daddy said he used her and the rest of her friends to take children . . . and hurt them. There was this one time I went with Baby to a party. I wanted to play with the other children, but they never seemed to notice me. When Baby had to leave, so did I. I felt alone and scared. There were other times Baby went to parties, but . . . Baby did it to other children. Some kids didn't have time to react when she grabbed them. Others cried and screamed, trying to get away, but Baby didn't stop, and they were met with the same fate." The little girl sniffled.

You knelt down in front of her, feeling bad for the kid. You tried to comfort her by putting a hand on her arm. She sniffled again, her eyes glistening as tears started to form. She bit her lip, trying not to let out a whimper.

"It's okay, kid. I'm here," you assured her.

She couldn't hold it anymore, as tears started to fall down her cheeks. She put her face in her hands and you pulled her towards you. She whimpered and moaned. You held her head to your chest. You tried your best to stay strong for the kid, but you couldn't help let a tear slide. The little girl sat helpless in your arms as she bawled. It wasn't the type of crying that kids do when they pout about not getting what they wanted--the little girl was literally shaking in grief.

You felt so bad. She'd been here the whole time, alone and without any kind of comfort or happiness; and now, finally, she had a shoulder to cry on and support her. You wished you could take her back to before all this had happened to her. The animatronics had probably affected more than just this little girl. You could only promise her one thing that would at least take some sorrow off her mind.