Chapter XI - The Truth

Five vargas had passed and Wilder waited for Van to show up at hanger three. He looked around and found no one. He thought to himself, did Van play him. Did he know what he was about to? Then Wilder heard a faint voice around the corner.

"I didn't think you would show up. I thought you were playing me for a fool." Van in a quiet voice

"Why are we whispering?"

"Because, I can't let the guards see you, now follow me. I will take you to the real hanger where the ship is kept."

Wilder followed Van thru a dark tunnel. There they came across a door. Van entered a code, which Wilder was able to memorize. The door opened to a shaft that brought them down to a secret hanger down below. Wilder already knew where they ship was but now he will know why the ship was kept there in the first place.

"Isn't the ship magnificent? I questioned why Ryner would destroy something so beautiful. If only we had the other part of the ship and were able to create Lotor's version of Voltron."

"Yeah you are right, his Voltron was much more agile and stronger."

"In the right hands, my associates would be able to conquer the universe with it."

Now Wilder was getting the full story from Van.

"I totally agree with your ideas Van, if your associates had this weapon, Lotor and the Galra would not even been around. We would have peace in the universe."

"My associates are about peace, but getting in the way that no one thought of."

"How would they achieve this peace?"

"Well thru taking someone's will. "

"You mean making them slaves."

"Well they don't call it slavery, but in those terms yes."

"And you agree with their ideology?" Wilder asked

"Yes, I do. The Olkarians for years fought against the Galra and lost miserably. Many lives were lost. I lost my family before Voltron showed up. If we only listened to the Galra and did what we were told, no lives would have been lost."

"Can you tell me who your associates are? Maybe I can join you on your mission."

Van was suspect to what Wilder was asking.

"Unfortunately, I have said too much, now please I need to conduct my experiments alone. We will talk again. Could we meet the same time in the canteen? I really enjoy your company knowing I have an ally in my corner."

Wilder nodded, "Yeah for sure, down with the coalition. Make sure you get some rest and good night."

Van escorted Wilder back to the shaft.

When Wilder got out, he needed to go see Lotor right away. Maybe he knew who Van's associates were.