Chapter XXVII - Charades

Lotor watched as Honerva entered the dining hall "Lotor, why have you called for me, hope its not rousing lecture of how bad of my mother I was too you."

"No mother on the contrary. Romelle and I came to an agreement that we accept the proposal of our wedded union. We have become close over our time in Oriande. Don't worry this is no plan on my part to escape. I have become quite fond of her. Do we have your blessing?" asked Lotor.

Honerva looked extensively at Romelle "Do you feel the same as Lotor?"

Romele held her breath and let out her response "Yes Honerva, I too have grown fond of Lotor. We realize we have more in common than we both thought."

"Then it is settled we will have the wedding here on Oriande," stated Honerva.

Lotor looked at his mother and said "Romelle and I decided we wanted some of our friends to attend the wedding. Therefore I propose we get married somewhere else. I found planet Colevic not far from here. Would it be possible to marry there?"

Honerva looked at both Lotor and Romelle "I am not sure I can honor your request. How do I know you are not planning something behind my back?"

"Romelle and I decided that we need to show a unified front for our forces and also we would like to show our former partners that we have moved on. I want Allura to know that she will never be good enough for me and that Romelle is" stated Lotor.

"Romelle you are quiet, do you agree with what Lotor is saying?" asked Honerva

Romelle went close to Lotor and grabbed his hand "Of course I agree with Lotor. Allura has always gotten what she wanted, its time someone else gets the throne."

"Then its agreed, the two of you will marry on planet Colevic. What is your time frame to when your wedding will occur?" asked Honerva

Romelle sat down at the table "We propose in two movements. It will give time to prepare decorations, wedding attire, and the food, Lotor do you agree?"

Lotor nodded "Yes, I agree with you Romelle. I feel the moment we leave Oriande is that time we send our invitation to our friends to come to join us on planet Colevic. At least it won't give them time to plan an attack."

"Agreed, I can't wait to see the look on Allura's face when you tell her you are marrying Romelle. Seeing Alfor's daughter in so much pain, brings happiness to me," exclaimed Honerva.

"Now if you don't mind mother, Romelle and I would like to take a walk thru the grounds, is that alright with you?" asked Lotor

"You may walk the grounds together, but if you try to escape, the wedding will occur here on Oriande. I am giving you these liberties as a show of trust. Please don't let me down," stated Honerva.

"Don't worry Honerva, I will keep Lotor in check," replied Romelle.

At that moment, Romelle walked over to Lotor and kissed him on lips, which caught Lotor off guard.

"Alright, I will join the two of you for dinner, in a couple of vargas to discuss the wedding," said Honerva.

Honerva exited the dining hall.

Romelle wiped her lips. "Yuk, I can't believe I kissed you. I hope your plan works. I don't know how long I keep the charade up with your mother."

"Well step one of my plans has worked. Now all I need is the next two to follow thru. Now let's go for our walk there is much to discuss," stated Lotor.