Chapter XXII - Hamburger and Fries

Lotor was amazed at how well of a teacher Hunk was. No wonder he was a great student for Dayak. He heard of a story how Hunk stopped a Galra mutiny on shield station with the knowledge Dayak instilled upon him.

"Now I know you are quite accustomed to regal food but have you ever had a hamburger and fries?" asked Hunk.

"What are hamburger and fries?" questioned Lotor.

"Just Earth's greatest creation," replied Hunk.

"Hunk is a master chef. I was craving a hamburger and poof, Hunk created one using different types of meats from various planets we visited and it was quite delicious," exclaimed Keith

"Keith you are too kind. When you grow up with nothing you learn to adapt to your surroundings. I used to grow my own fruits and vegetables. I became very conscious of the types of meats I used in my cooking, I guess it also helped me become a better engineer," replied Hunk.

"I envy your teams friendships. I wish I had some sort of camaraderie with my generals, but it was so hard to trust them, with my deepest secrets. How is it that your team were able to trust so easily," asked Lotor.

Hunk came to the table and placed a plate with hamburgers and fries in front of Keith and Lotor.

"For me, I have known Lance and Pidge as they were part of my flight team, but with Keith it was hard. Bro, you were a hard book to read," replied Hunk.

"I know, I mean my mom left and my dad died, then Shiro left, I thought I had no one by myself, but when we started to work as a team, I started to feel more comfortable in my own skin, even when I found out I was half Galra. I mean Hunk, you were the first one to accept me for me, even though you teased me for being one," said Keith.

"When it comes down to it, it's just about having a little faith in the people. We got to a point where we weren't just teammates but a family," said Hunk.

"Something my generals and I were never. Though I consider Axca somewhat of a sister as she always had faith in me, even when I was confronted by my mother all those deca-phoebs ago. She had my back, the other two not so much, I just wish I knew what happened to her," said Lotor.

Hunk and Keith could see how sad Lotor was.

"Well Lotor, you have a second chance with all of us. You should thank your good friend, Wilder, for that. He told us how you helped him, even behind bars with Van," said Keith.

"Now enough talk. You both came to the mess hall for a reason and I don't want these things to get cold, now eat, or as the French say Bon appetite," exclaimed Hunk.

Lotor grabbed a hamburger and took some french fries on his plate. He looked carefully at it and didn't know what to expect from it. His untrusting nature wanted to scan the burgers for any toxins that could poison him, but as Allura said, he has to have a little faith and just trust. He took one bite and all his senses were heightened. He could not believe what he was tasting. Keith and Hunk were amazed that they were seeing this side of Lotor. Luckily Hunk made a lot of hamburger and fries as Lotor ate 7 burgers.

"What was that red sauce you put on the french fries, I quite liked it," asked Lotor.

"It's called ketchup. Its an Earth condiment made out of a type of vegetable called a tomato. I brought a lot with us since various crew personnel loves the stuff," said Hunk.

"I know its too much to ask, but I am also craving something sweet. I have somewhat of a sweet tooth, it's a bad habit of mine, but whenever I visited a planet, I always had my generals search the markets for a pie or tart, or even fruit," stated Lotor.

"I would never take you as having a sweet tooth, but of course I never thought you come back from the Rift. Well I was going to start making a pie of my own recipe I was going to teach the cadets, but if you wait, you can have a taste of my creation," stated Hunk

"I would like that," said Lotor.

"Well I will leave you the two of you, I need to speak to Shiro and our plan of attack, maybe you can join us later Lotor?" asked Keith.

"Yes, I will join the two of you later, but first I must try Hunk's delicious pie, I have been craving something sweet since I woke up from my coma, take care," said Lotor.

Keith exited the mess hall, while Lotor watched Hunk work his magic in the kitchen.