Chapter XV - Space Mall

Lotor and Wilder entered the space mall in disguise as they did not want anyone to notice them as this might tip of Van to where there were.

"The mall hasn't even changed. I thought with the fall of the empire, that this place would have crumbled" Lotor said to Wilder

"Well, apparently the coalition didn't want that to happen as they found the mall as a safe haven for all races and somewhere they could get their mind off the war, so they kept it intact. I am going to go look for parts to make our sensors better. Just roam around the mall and I will contact you when I am ready to go." Said Wilder

As Lotor and Wilder split up, Lotor was amazed how the Unilu created such a massive success. He visited stores with clothes, food, electronics. He even came across a store filled with memorabilia from Earth. He came across a jewelry store. He saw the most exquisite pink diamond necklace and wanted to get it for Alura but since he did not have enough GAC, he could not get it for her, so he moved on. He then came across the food court. When his father banished him all those years he was cut off from the luxuries of being a prince, so he learned to prepare his own meals, so it was nice that he didn't have cook this time around. He heard about Vrepit Sal's diner from Hunk. He told him about the story about helping Sal become a better chef so he decided to try it out. As he was approaching his table to eat he noticed a small Olkarian fidgetting around. The Olkarian was looking around from someone. Lotor kept a low profile as he ate and kept his eye on him

"Wilder you need to get to the food court. I think I just spotted Van." Lotor relayed on his wrist-com.

"Lotor, don't do anything foolish and blow our cover. " Wilder said

"I jump head first into a fight, you underestimate me, Wilder, I study my opponent."

"I will be there in ten doboshes, just wait for me. I just got the final part we need to expand our sensor array."

Just as Lotor ended his communication with Wilder, he noticed a few more people sitting at Van's table. They looked like Puigans he encountered so many deca-phoebs ago with his generals. However, something was off with them. They didn't seem that happy until one of them turned into an Altean. Lotor almost choked on his food. He couldn't believe it, an Altean was working with Van. Soon Wilder showed up and was watching the whole thing unfold as well.

"How are we going to hear what they are saying," Lotor whispered to Wilder

Wilder went up to a child looking Bii-Boh Bi and asked if they could put this listening device near their table. The child agreed only if Wilder gave him some GAC for it. The child went by the table and accidentally tripped and as he was getting up, they placed the listening device under their table.

Wilder turned on his wrist-com and Lotor and himself was able to hear their conversation.

"Our Empress is pleased you were able to secure the ship. I hope you were not followed?" said one of the Alteans

"I made sure that no one could track the ship. It seems Lotor had the same idea. I just tweaked it a little bit." Van said.

"You have done your job wonderful, it is time for all of us to go our separate ways. You will be compensated for your time and effort."

"We can't go our separate ways, I am known fugitive. I betrayed my own people for the Empress. You must take me with you. I am very intelligent and very useful. If you leave me, I will be caught and sent to jail. I can't handle being in jail. Please, I am begging you must take me with you." Van cried.

The Alteans looked at each other and one of them spoke "Fine you could come with us. We will see if the Empress requires your help. If she does not, we will find you a new planet to live on where no one will find you."

"Thank you so much. I know you have been on the colony so long, may I buy your group a meal before we head off?" said Van.

The Alteans were famished so they agreed.

"We need to put a tracking device on that ship," whispered Lotor

"I think Ryner gave me some, but it is back on our ship and it too far of a walk to get there."

"I will do it. Hopefully, my jet packs on my boots are still working. Just keep listening to their conversation." With that Lotor was off to the ship's dock.

He rummaged thru the ship until he found the tracking device. However he could not see his ship, but he knew it was cloaked. He knew if he adjusted the sensor array to the right frequency the ship's cloaking device, he would be able to see it. It took him a few ticks, but he saw a faint glimpse of it. He grabbed his helmet and stepped outside the ship.

"Lotor did you place the tracking device on the ship yet, cause the Alteans and Van are heading back to the ship." Whispered Wilder

"Finished." Exclaimed Lotor

Lotor flew back to Wilder's ship and watched as the sincline ship with Van and the Alteans vanish into thin air.

"How are we going to find the ship now. It will take us forever to increase the strength of the sensor array to find it." Said Lotor

"Don't worry about it. I called in a favor before we left Olkarion. My fixer will be here in two vargas." Wilder and Lotor waited for help to arrive.

******************************************************************************************

To those who are reading my story, thank you again.  Its been a labor of hard work and determination to get this story completed before season 8.  Please feel free to comment.