five: Chinese or sushi?

Frankie's point of view:

"You should really learn how to drive." My sister's motherly tone advice's me. I narrow my eyes although she couldn't see and nestled my frozen self onto the couch, grabbing the fleece blanket and curling it tightly around me. "It would save you from catching the flu by walking in the rain."

"I never leave the city, everything I need is in walking distance and driving is bad for the planet."

I could feel her roll her eyes. "Okay, miss Eco." Her laugh reminds me of our mother's. "Well maybe in future, always carry a umbrella."

"Yes boss." I mock, sipping at the steaming cup of tea and sighing happily as it warms my insides. "Oh - I was meaning to tell you. I'm bringing a friend to your party, is that okay?"

Flo and I were extremely close growing up, although she was a few years older, we were each other's best friend. Sharing every secret from first kisses, to first time having sex. We weren't shy, and rarely ever fought - unless it involved stealing each other's clothes. And knowing I was keeping a secret away from her made me feel sick.

"Hannah? You bring her every year."

I blush. "Actually no - Hannah is going to Tommy's for Halloween."

"She is?" She questions with curiosity. "So who is it?"

"Just a friend." I murmur. My phone beeps against my ear and I check the incoming message, watching as Jason's name flashes across. "I have another call coming through, I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Fine, but ring early so Viv' can talk to you." She instructs, exaggerating a smooching noise before our call ends.

From: Jason

Can you talk? Urgent.

Furrowing my brows, I press to call him and a untamed fire lights within the pits of my stomach. Two days since our lunch together and two days since we had last been in any form of contact, I had suddenly became nervous with four simple words that could mean anything. The ringing was giving me anxiety.

"Frankie."

My name sounded breathless as it parted his lips and it rattled the cage of butterflies.

"Is everything okay?" I speak, clearing my throat. "You said it was urgent."

"Natasha called."

His usual rigid tone that was always laced with so much dominance, became shaky and slightly skittish. I straighten, still clutching at my blanket that was keeping the warmth within me.

"What did she say?"

After their breakup over a week ago, Jason had told me that all contact was cut from both parties. Although he didn't seem too concerned over it, I couldn't help but wonder why he was in such a fluster now. And why was she calling him?

He sighs. "She wants me to take her out to dinner so we can talk."

What? "What?"

He hums. "Her exact words were-" He clears his throat. "-I'm willing to talk this out, pick me up at eight and you can take me to Todds'. Like what am I even suppose to reply to that?"

I was gobsmacked. Completely and utterly lost for words at her boldness. How on earth could someone, so willingly and openly, be that schemful. How could she possibly think she would get away with this? Stealing his money and being so clever about it.

"What do you want to reply?" I ask him, hearing him fuss nervously in the background. She sighs, and I can hear his fingers untightening the tie around his neck. "I want to hear your opinion, before I give you mine. I want to know where your head is at with it all, what are your thoughts?"