twenty-four: My Jason

Frankie's point of view:

"That's everything." I huff, chucking the last bag of wrapped presents into the packed trunk. I quickly rush to climb inside the passenger side, my body trembling with uncontrollable shivers as I shake the snow from my hair. Jason joined me, rubbing his raw hands together and blowing his warm breath over his knuckles. "Are you sure you're okay with driving?"

"Of course, just sit back and relax, okay?" He tells me, turning the heating up to full blast as he rolls down the driveway. "Pit stop at McDonalds?"

I grin. "Only if I can buy."

"Not a chance." He replies, flashing me a cheeky grin. "It's Christmas after all."

I roll my eyes, shrugging of my coat and placing it in the backseat. "I hope they all like their gifts. Flo says that Vivian hasn't stopped going on about that scooter and it's been so difficult to get it in the lime green like she wants - I can't wait to see her face."

"She'll love it." He tells me, checking his mirrors. "Flo and Paul will love theirs too, they deserve a break and, well not to blow my own trumpet, but I personally think that our hotels are simply the best ones."

"I think she will completely die when she knows she's going to England." I laughed. "She has always wanted to visit Big Ben." I let out a small sigh. "I wish I got my dad something different though."

"Like what?"

I sigh again. "His motorbike died a few weeks ago. One of the men from the club told him that the gasket had blew and it was un-fixable so he had to scrap it. Flo said that he's been so upset about it - that thing was like his baby. It helped him through a lot. I tried to get him a new one, the 2019 Harley-Davidson one but my budget just didn't stretch that far."

"Would he like another Harley?"

I hum, "I don't think he would pick anything else." Sighing again, I rest my head against the cool window. "It's fine. I'll keep saving from now until next Christmas, maybe I could even just give him half - but then I don't want him struggling to get the rest and getting himself into debt."

"Hey." He calls out, taking a small glance over as he instinctively reached out and tenders brushes my knee. "Don't stress okay, it's Christmas."

I give him a small smile, diverting my attention quickly to the snowy surroundings to hide my shy blush. The insane coy demeanour was a result from the embarrassing shower encounter only four days ago. I returned to the kitchen faster than I could blink, and he was behind me in seconds - dressed, thankfully.

We ate our dinner in silence, although I was almost certain he could hear my heartbeat from the opposite end of the twelve seated table. After arguing over the dishes, in which I won, I returned to my room faster than lightning and hid there until morning. Then, it was as if nothing had happened. He had left before I woke up leaving a note to say he had early meetings and when I entered work, he held a conversation like I didn't just see him in all his glory twelve hours before.

A vision that was now engraved in my mind.

Last night when he finished work, he walked in on me mid-wrapping. Stripping of his jacket, throwing his tie to the side and unbuttoning the collar of his shirt, he sat by my side and helped. Also admitting that he wasn't aware of the last time he bought a present.

"My parents rang this morning." He startles me. I hum, urging him to continue as his eyes strain on the icy roads ahead. A heavy snowfall last night caused us to leave earlier than we planned and even then I worried about arriving on time - I didn't want to be late on Christmas eve. "They're having a ball in Hawaii. Mom's already read those two books you gave her, she said she'll need to get a copy for herself."