Part 2: Legacy ~ Chapter 2

Fifteen minutes after disposing of her stomach's contents, Amy realised her bladder was full. It didn't take long for the pressure to become uncomfortable. "L-Lucius," she stammered.

"Yes?"

"Are we almost there? I—" She swallowed. "I need to pee..." Her cheeks heated up from embarrassment. God, I feel like a little kid!

"We will drive by a gas station in a minute or ten. Do you think you can hold it?"

She nodded. "I can," and she quickly added, "thanks." She suppressed an annoyed grunt. That's the third time.

Lucius drove on and after about seven minutes a sign indicated a gas station up ahead. He took the turn and parked the car near the back where the restrooms were. He unbuckled his seatbelt and removed the key from the ignition. "I'm going to go too; I'll meet you back at the car."

Amy stared at Lucius as he got out. Is he just going to leave me? Because Lucius didn't walk away she realised he was waiting for her to exit the vehicle and she quickly stumbled out. Of course he isn't. As she stood beside the car she looked at him, waiting for what was next.

Lucius grinned. "Is there a problem? Want me to hold your hand?" He was clearly enjoying himself.

"N-no." She frowned. "You're not afraid I'll try to run?"

He lifted a brow. "Should I be?"

Amy averted her eyes. "No... I guess not." She suppressed the need to cry again and turned to the door leading to the women's restrooms. How could I run away if I have nowhere to run to?

After relieving herself she remained seated, the toilet paper already clutched in her hand.

This is probably the biggest chance to escape that I will ever get, she thought grimly. As soon as I'm back in his mansion it's probably game over. He might say he won't punish me, but I doubt he came back to claim me just to have tea and biscuits. She shut her eyes tightly, refusing to let the tears spill out. He will hurt me eventually—no doubt there. One way or another, he will hurt me and he will make me suffer. I can't live like that anymore—I refuse! But where would I run to? Where could I run to? And how can I be sure he won't ever find me again?

Nowhere, a voice in the back of her mind answered. And he will find you.

A shiver ran up her spine as she thought of everything he had done when she had tried to escape before. No, she thought gloomily, I'm not risking that. I can barely believe I'm not getting any punishment as it is. She swallowed. Perhaps it'll be okay, she tried to comfort herself. Maybe if I just listen I can try and find some form of happiness. The tears finally streamed down her face and a loud sob escaped her throat. Oh God, who am I kidding?

There was a knock on the outer door of the restroom and Amy jerked up. She listened for a sound—a voice—but none came. Still, she dried her tears and finished up.

No way in hell do I want to get in trouble for taking too long, she thought sourly as she pulled up her pants. She walked out of the stall with her head bowed and went to the sink to wash her hands. Once done she looked up at her reflection. She hadn't seen a proper mirror in over ten years and her own reflection startled her.

She emitted a short shriek and tumbled backwards onto the ground.

Lucius opened the door, yet he remained standing on the threshold. He raised a brow as he looked down at Amy. "Are you done?"

She pointed a trembling finger at the mirror whilst her other hand touched her face. "That... That... My face! I—" She turned to Lucius, her eyes pleading.