Part 2: Legacy ~ Chapter 3

With a foreboding grin, Lucius opened the door and waited for Amy to enter. "It's rather late already. How about you go and freshen up while I prepare supper?"

"Okay," Amy answered softly. She turned to walk away to where the hidden entrance was to the metal basement.

"Oh no, sweetheart," Lucius chimed as he placed his hands on her shoulders, paralysing her on the spot. "I've made some changes while you were gone. Come." He ushered her into a different hallway and up the stairs.

Amy felt like her shoes were filled with lead. Is this the surprise he was talking about?

Lucius stopped at one of the many oaken doors. "Go on, open it."

It took a few seconds before Amy's trembling hand folded around the doorknob and turned it. The door swung open and her breathing stocked.

Sunlight filled the spacious bedroom, giving an extra dimension to the shades of grey and purple it was furnished in. A queen sized bed stood against the right wall, the plum sheets beckoning her to take a nap. The door on the left side stood open, revealing an equally spacious bathroom.

Amy's head spun and it took her a lot of effort to remain standing. My own room? And bathroom? But why? Why is he doing this? What is he trying to achieve?

"Do you like it?" Lucius whispered into her ear and Amy couldn't stop the shiver that shook her body in response.

If you think this can make all the shit you put me through right—if I suddenly don't mind being your fucking captive—you're even more deranged than I thought! She swallowed back the vile words. "I do," she answered, hating herself for it actually being the truth.

"I figured it was about time you got a decent room. Besides..." His grip on her shoulders intensified for a moment. "On paper we're family now."

Bile rose up and Amy had to swallow it back. Lucius released her and she immediately turned around to look at him.

His eyes were dark and glimmered with devilish delight, the corners of his mouth raised in a wicked smirk. "Welcome home, Bobbi."

-

Hot water cascaded down Amy's still trembling form as she stood in the shower, her head resting against the wall. Why is he doing all this? What does he want to achieve? Shivering, she turned the temperature up a little more and the cubical filled with steam.

Mindlessly she banged her head against the tiles, over and over again, while the scalding water turned her skin red.

I'm not his. I'll never be his! He can try and act all nice and sweet, but I'll never forget what he has done! I'll never forget all the pain! Tears merged with the searing droplets. I'm not some thing that can be possessed; I'm a human being! I can't live locked up—not in a metal cellar, not in a fancy bedroom. A loud sob escaped from her throat and she quickly placed a hand in front of her mouth. She feared Lucius might hear it and question her, despite knowing he was preparing dinner and well out of earshot.

Thoughts of simply sneaking out and running away went through her mind, but she quickly dismissed them.

I can't. He'll find me and— A violent tremor shook her body and she crouched down, her arms wrapping around her legs. He'll hurt me.

"Then run away and kill yourself. He can't hurt a corpse," a voice in the back of her mind whispered.

Amy relaxed a little and the trembling stopped. She took a few deep breaths as she considered escaping. If I were able to run away long enough maybe I could get my hands on a gun and blow my brains out. Or I could just hide somewhere and cut every main vein and artery. Combine that with a noose around my neck and a stomach filled with pills... But where do I run to and how do I make sure I have enough time to actually commit suicide?