Part 3: Blood ~ Chapter 1

June 2019

~*~

"That's amazing progress! I can't wait to come back home and—" Gwen was interrupted by Kyron nudging her. "Got to go love." She made a kissing sound. "Love you." As she tucked her phone away, she looked through the windshield—Lucius had just exited the nightclub with a woman clinging to his arm.

"It seems Khalida was right." Kyron was sitting behind her in the van with a laptop. "Keep your eyes on him."

Gwen pulled up her nose. "She looks just like the one from last night—hooker boots and all black. Also: another blonde." She chuckled. "If I didn't know better, I'd think he was trying to find a substitute for his dear Bobbi."

Kyron took a deep breath but remained silent.

"But damn... It seems Khalida's talk with him this morning had zero effect. Should we intervene?"

"No. Khalida told us to observe and register everything; so that's what we'll do. For all we know he will just have sex and nothing else." He was typing away on his laptop. "I informed Khalida and she stated again that we are not to intervene."

"Very well." Gwen watched Lucius and the slightly swaying woman move through the crowd on the sidewalk. "It's a very busy street; let's just hope nobody remembers seeing them together if things do get messy." Her gut was already protesting, predicting that was exactly what was going to happen. "If he does end up killing her, then what?"

"I already got access to all the camera feeds I could find on this block and several surrounding ones. The moment he is supposed to come into frame—poof."

Gwen grinned. "My sexy hacker." She glanced back at Kyron for a moment to send him a kiss, but his eyes were glued to the screen. Pouting, she returned her attention to Lucius. "They're nearing the intersection. Want me to get the drone out?"

"Yes."

Gwen climbed into the back of the van to join Kyron. She got on a laptop of her own and opened the app to remote control a stealth drone. She had already landed it on a nearby rooftop when Lucius had entered the club. "I'm airborne and tracking him."

"Good girl. Let's see where he takes her."

"If he only ends up fucking her, let's hope he doesn't realise we were tracking him." Gwen plucked at her jeans with her left hand, a nervous habit. "The last time we had to follow him around, he—"

"Yeah, no need to remind me." He huffed. "But that's why we're in here and that drone is out there."

"I mean, he was upset then. But now... Have you ever seen him like this?"

"This time is different. You shouldn't compare them. But no, I have never seen him act like this." Kyron shook his head but kept his eyes fixed on his screen.

"I wonder if—"

"Sorry dear," Kyron interrupted. "Found myself a camera with tricky security. I need to focus on this one for a bit."

Gwen nodded and watched Lucius and the woman move through downtown L.A. on the drone's feed.

"Oh shit," Gwen muttered after several minutes. "She's hailing a cab."

"Can you get the plate number?"

Gwen played around with the drone a bit. "Yeah, got it."

"Store it. Nothing we can do with it now, but in case things escalate we'll be glad we have it."

They followed the cab until it stopped and Lucius and the woman got out.

"Well, I'll be damned." Kyron entered a few more commands on his laptop. "One block away from the office."