The Aftermath

Gwen tiptoed out of the bathroom and was about to enter the kitchen to get a glass of water when she heard a woman giggling out in the hallway. Wondering who would be up and giggling at three in the middle of the night she silently walked to the door. Peeking through the glass she saw Lucius with an unknown woman.

Frowning, she observed the woman. Her long leather coat was open and had slid off one shoulder. Long blonde hair framed her face and by the look in her eyes, Gwen guessed her to be pretty drunk. She swayed a little on her high-heeled boots that reached all the way up to her upper thighs, a black miniskirt and tank top covering the rest of her body.

André, you disappoint me, she thought as she mentally shook her head. She may not be a hooker, but she definitely looks like one.

The two walked into Lucius' room, but as the door closed the woman's coat got stuck. She pulled it free, but the door remained open at a crack.

Gwen sighed and went to the kitchen as she had intended. She grabbed a glass, filled it with water and downed it. She refilled it and took the full glass with her. As she passed by the door she couldn't help herself and listened intensely.

Silence.

Her gut was telling her something was off and she bit her lip. I'm going to check it out. She walked back to the bathroom, placed her glass near the sink and got her bathrobe. Now decent, she opened the door and snuck out into the hallway. The silence was interrupted by heavy breathing and something that sounded like a moan. Her cheeks flushed red, but she crept towards Lucius' door and peeked inside.

To her astonishment, the woman was now butt naked—aside from her boots—and Lucius had her pinned against the wall by her neck. She was standing on her toes, but judging from the look on her face she was rather enjoying the scene.

Oh my, never mind, Gwen thought as she was just about to turn around and go back into her own room. However, something caught her eye and she froze in place. Lucius pulled out a small pocketknife and flicked it open, the blade shimmering ominously. Oh shit, Gwen thought as she felt her heart clench in her chest.

Lucius traced the knife over the woman's exposed skin and she moaned again, seemingly enjoying the sensation. Suddenly Lucius' grip on her neck increased and her eyes opened wide in shock. She tried to move her hands from behind her back, but they were tied with a belt. Using his own legs he pinned hers to the wall, disabling her from kicking him. He whispered something into her ear that Gwen couldn't hear. The woman whimpered right before the pocketknife disappeared into her chest, silencing her with pure disbelief. Lucius stabbed her over and over again, grunting angrily.

Oh lord, this is bad! Very bad! Shit, shit, shit! Gwen hurriedly turned around and sprinted towards the elevator. Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! Instead of waiting for a ride up she dashed into the staircase and made her way to Khalida's private quarters of the penthouse. What was I thinking? 'Not my problem,' yeah, right! She grunted as she knocked on Khalida's door. Come on, open up already... It was three in the middle of the night, but she knew Khalida didn't sleep much.

After waiting impatiently for about a minute, and knocking every few seconds, she closed her eyes and focussed on her breathing. Where could she be? She thought for a moment and suddenly her eyes snapped open. Would she really...? Deciding she wasn't going to find Khalida just standing there, she hurried back to the staircase and went down to the twenty-sixth floor.

The hallway she stepped into was sterile white and the tiles cold underneath her bare feet. She stopped in front of a door labelled "17" and hurriedly punched a five-digit code into a cypher lock. There was a click and she opened the door.