2.10: sephine

"Have you changed your mind yet?" Hayes asks, taking a deep breath before sitting on the couch next to me.

"It depends on how much longer we have to be here because if I have to smile for one more photo, I think my face might freeze in that position." I groan, resting my head on his shoulder, wanting to do nothing more than take this dress off and curl up in some sweatpants. It doesn't matter how much I love this dress-which is a lot-I still have no interest in taking another picture.

"It's a good thing we're almost done then."

I mean, who knew that pictures would be this exhausting? "So, how is this all going to work again?" I ask, resting my eyes as I focus on the sound of him breathing.

"We'll let out a press release with the photos from today in a few weeks and probably have to do a few interviews. There will be public appearances, but other than that, it's pretty simple other than living together."

"Sounds good to me," I reply as Hayes's hand traces circles on my leg through the dress.

"Alright, love birds! We just have a few more shots that we want to get, and then you're free to go."

I don't have a lot of faith in this overzealous photographer who has too much energy. "Hayes, that's what she said two hours ago. Please don't make me get up." I whisper, causing him to laugh, but he gets up anyway.

"Sorry Montgomery, this is what you signed up for." He teases, offering me a hand to help me up.

Except this is literally what I signed up for. What was I thinking, there's no way we can pull this off and convince people that we're in love and getting married after being 'together' for two months? It doesn't matter that we've been together before; it's just not believable.

I take his hand and get up off the couch with a smile on my face. The smile that has to stay plastered until we're done.

At one point, the photographer lets the camera hang around her neck, "You two make a beautiful couple." I feel my cheeks flush as I look up at Hayes, who is smiling politely at her.

"It's all her I can promise you that," He replies and my jaw drops.

"You're too cheesy, Benson."

He smirks down at me, "Sorry, Montgomery, I'm just telling the truth."

I don't know what to say to that, so I instead look away and focus on the next pose we'd been instructed to be in. The ring glitters on my hand, and I can't even lie and say that I don't love it.

It's a round cut with engravings along the band, and I just love its simplicity. I keep catching myself staring at when I remember that it's on my hand.

I mean, it's only been a week since I offered to help him, and so much has changed? I mean hell, we're taking engagement photos and living together now? I don't think I thought this through at all because I still haven't found a way to tell Ollie or my parents. I'm subletting my apartment until this is over, but who knows when that will be?

My phone rings across the room, and I smile apologetically, "I'm sorry, but I have to get that." I mean, I'll take anything at this point to get out of this photoshoot.

The photographer blinks in surprise but nods, "Yeah, of course. I think we're done anyways now since I'm sure there's enough for you two to pick from."

I hear Hayes thank her in the background while I walk quickly in my heels to get to my phone. I'm surprised to see Liv's name on the caller id. "Hello?"

I have to pull the phone away from my ear because she's practically screaming into the phone, "Why are there pictures of you and Hayes trending on twitter? I thought you were getting back with Ezra, and I mean, what the fuck Sephine? It's Hayes! You know, like the one that I thought you hadn't seen in seven years since your fake relationship?" That isn't where it stops, but it's where I start to tune her out until I hear the phone go silent.