2.20: sephine

"Ew Gray, I don't think hearing about your one-night stand is something I want to listen to first thing in the morning." I grimace, walking around Hayes at the counter to get the grapes.

For as mature as he was in the meeting and during any conversation involving Hayes and I's fake engagement, Grayson is pretty damn immature at times. Hence the current moment where he tells Hayes about the one night stand he had a few days ago.

"Well, I don't particularly enjoy seeing you walk around in my best friend's clothes, but I don't exactly have a choice." He retorts sarcastically, and I grin widely at him.

"No one is making you have breakfast here." Hayes speaks up, taking a sip of his coffee, "Besides, I think that you look incredibly sexy in my clothes," Hayes murmurs the last part quiet enough for only me to hear, and once again my cheeks flare up, and my heartbeat quickens.

I wasn't sure what time Hayes had gotten home last night because I only awoke for a few moments when he had wrapped an arm around me before I fell asleep again. I'd gone to sleep wearing his clothes thanks to the habit I've formed over the last few weeks.

"I think I liked it better when you two weren't really together because I didn't have to hear whatever it is he just said to you to know it was gross." Grayson teases, and I grab a grape before launching it over the counter to where he sits on a barstool.

"Oh shut it," I turn and launch a grape at his face.

I nail him on the cheek and Grayson puts his hands up in surrender, "At least we know that you can aim," He jokes and curiosity spikes within me.

After rolling my eyes, I lean up and kiss Hayes's stubbly cheek.

"So I want to ask her out again, but I don't even know her name, so I'm not sure how to find her again." Grayson tries changing the subject back to the one night stand. "I do know that she was a gorgeous woman, and she knew exactly what she was doing."

Hayes chuckles, shaking his head, "God Gray, you sound like you want to marry her. It was a one night stand, let it go."

Grayson rolls his eyes, "You should have seen her though. She had these hazel eyes that just seemed to sear right through me."

"Hayes don't be an asshole, Grayson has clearly been brought to his knees by a girl, so let's take a moment to focus on that." I bump his hip slightly to get him to move out of the way of the coffee pot. "There are easier ways to make coffee instead of in a pot."

Hayes shrugs next to me, "Yeah, but it works well. Don't fix it if it ain't broke."

Shaking my head at his logic, I start to take a drink of the still-warm coffee.

Grayson's grins wickedly and starts laughing, "I was definitely brought to my knees; that's for sure."

The coffee lodges in my throat thanks to the laugh that erupts from my chest, and I immediately turn to the sink on the other side of me and spit it out as Gray howls with laughter. Hayes is trying to hide his laughter but pulls my hair out of my face, holding it back for me.

"I did not need to know that," I grumble, wiping the tears from my eyes that resulted thanks to the amount of coughing I did to get the coffee expelled from the wrong pipe in my throat.

"You said it first, not me," He retorts, and I stick my middle finger back at him as I spit the last of the coffee out of my mouth.

"You're the one who slept with a woman whose name you don't know, not me." I fire back, grabbing a napkin to wipe my mouth as Hayes just stands there silently observing us.