2.25: sephine

"I have a hard time believing that you, Ollie, and Tessa are going grocery shopping," Hayes muses, watching me get dressed. It's been two and a half months since the interview, and I don't think we've ever been in this good of a place before.

I finish pulling the shirt over my head, and he smirks lazily at me, the tan in his skin contrasting the white sheets. "We're also going dress shopping because it's Tessa's last day in town before she has to go back to Spain. You failed to mention that next weekend, there's another fundraiser we have to go to, and I don't have anything to wear."

"You have plenty of dresses Sephine," He teases not aware that I only want a new one because not practicing ballet has started to affect my body, but I'm not going to tell him that.

I sit down next to him on the corner of the bed as he sits up, letting the bed sheet fall dangerously low while Hayes pretends to act like he's not trying to distract me so that I cancel on Ollie and Tessa. "I'm not canceling on them."

Hayes grins, "I'm not sure what you're implying because I never suggested that you should cancel on them, I just think that you guys going grocery shopping is completely bullshit."

"Why is it bullshit?" I ask, and Hayes lets out a short chuckle.

"What do you know about anything in our kitchen?"

This is an easy answer because Hayes has forbidden me to do anything in our kitchen other than to get a mug of coffee and to make peanut butter and jelly after I failed to make dinner that one time. It's not like I mind. He's been spending less time at the office and more time here, which has been great for our relationship. "I can go look if you want me to answer that question?" I offer, and he leans forward, kissing me softly.

"I would prefer it if you stayed here, and I can make pancakes for you in bed."

Yeah, this is why I'm getting fat. Because Hayes does sweet shit like this.

"Or I can go grocery shopping and get something healthy like stuff to make salad."

Hayes shakes his head at me, "You will be so out of your league at the store."

I poke him in the chest and stand up, "Will not, in fact, just to prove it to you, I'll get all the right ingredients for dinner and dessert tonight if you send me the list."

"Fine, fine, I'll send it to you," He gives in grabbing his phone off the bedside table.

I'm almost out of the bedroom before I turn back to look at him, "If one of us is out of our league, I would say it's you."

"I don't think you're wrong about that," Hayes responds, and I shut the door, shaking my head at him.

Hayes's driver, Louis, has slowly turned into my driver as we head towards Ollie and Ryan's apartment so I can pick up Ollie before we get Tessa from her hotel. Later, we're standing in the aisles of the Morton Williams Supermarket.

"Why are there so many different kinds of lettuce?" I ask, looking from the full lettuce heads and the pre-packaged already torn up lettuce.

Tessa shrugs, and Ollie rolls his eyes at us, "If Hayes is making a salad he probably wants to tear the lettuce up himself, so I would get the head of lettuce. Have either of you ever been grocery shopping?"

I glare at him, "Ollie shut up. You're here to be helping, not making fun of us. If I wanted someone to make fun of me, then I would have invited Hayes."

Tessa grabs the lettuce and drops it into the plastic bag I've grabbed before setting it in the cart that Ollie got stuck pushing.

"Okay, the last thing on the list is sugar, so that's probably near the bakery," I come to the conclusion feeling rather proud of myself. It's short-lived once Ollie glares at me when we find out that all that's over here is bread. The sugar is, in fact, on the other side of the store where we just were.