2.18: sephine

I've had an abundance of energy all day because of the excitement I was feeling thanks to Ollie finally coming back for a break in the tour. "Ryan, are you excited because I'm extremely excited," My knee is bouncing like crazy, and Ryan just laughs softly as he rests a hand on my knee to get it to stop, but I just roll my eyes.

"I'm very excited, but I don't think I'm quite at the level you are. I've spoken to him nearly every night except for that week he lost service, but you've been busy with the fiancé," He retorts, and I feel my cheeks flush.

"I called him every three days! I think that's plenty because any more phone calls and Ollie would have blocked my phone number."

Ryan thinks for a minute before agreeing, "There was also the three-day span you didn't talk after it was announced that you and Hayes were together because you wouldn't pick up the phone."

I wince thinking back to that oh so fun conversation, "Dodging his calls those three days was the scariest thing ever because all I could think was how much angrier Ollie would be since I kept ignoring him."

"Ol was mad, but it was more hurt than anger because you felt the need to hide it from him."

"I wasn't trying to hide it from him; I just needed time to figure it out for myself." I try to explain, and Ryan puts his arm around my shoulder.

"I think you figured it out based on the ring on your finger."

I glance down at it feeling my cheeks grow pink at the thought of Hayes this morning.

"Do you have to get up?" Hayes whines, tracing circles in patterns down the length of my arm and back up again.

I roll over to face him, pulling the blankets up to my chest, "I do, Ollie is already mad enough at me for not telling him about us at first."

He pouts, resting his head back into the pillow but never takes his cerulean eyes off of me. "But we could also just stay in bed all day, and I'm sure Ollie will get over it. I never have days off."

I lean forward and brush my lips against his, "You're right, you never have days off, and I don't exactly want to get up either. But I promised Ryan I would go with him. I've been a shitty friend to Ollie lately, and I need to be there to make up for it."

"But we can do this instead," Hayes smirks, capturing me back into another kiss. I give in as he rolls us, so I'm on my back, and he's hovering over me smirking. "See, this is much more fun."

I smile up at him and run my thumb over his bottom lip, feeling its softness before tracing his high cheekbone and the length of his jaw, so I never forget the angles and features that make up Hayes.

"You're making this so much harder than it has to be," I tease, slipping my hand lower and his jaw clenches.

"Don't start anything you're not going to finish," Hayes breathes out, and I smirk leaning up to kiss him briefly before slipping out from under him.

"Sorry," I grin, and he gapes at me, "Now you have something to look forward to later."

Like I said, two can play at this game.

"Yeah, I guess I did figure it out."

Ryan's hand fiddles with the sleeve of my shirt, "As much as I like the guy, if he hurts you, I won't hesitate before hurting him."

I lean into Ryan, "I don't think that will ever happen, but thank you." While Ryan is well built, Hayes still has height and build over him thanks to his years playing lacrosse.