Tutor

"Hey, uh, Raven-"

     "No."

     "You didn't even hear what I had to ask!"

     "I don't need to. No, I will not teach you."

     "Wait-"

     "No, sorry. I am just really busy right now. Ask Octavia or someone."

     Nicole walked away, giving an evil eye to Raven. Raven stared into a crystal ball, as smoke filled what used to be a completely clear sphere. Nicole walked up to Octavia. She stared into the book she was reading. It was so close to her face, you could not see anything neck down.

     "Octavia, can I ask you a question?"

     "Yeah, sure. Hold on."

     Octavia took down the book, and it was a different person. This girl had blond hair and pretty eyes. She still had too much makeup, but a great improvement from before. All of her big, flashy jewelry had disappeared. The light from the fire made her face glow, and it was like looking at a movie star.

     "Octavia! You look, stunning!"

     "Thanks. My mother dyed my hair and gave me a new wardrobe to look 'fashionable'. But, this is what I usually look like."

     "Well, uh, could you tutor me?"

     The smile wiped off of Octavia's face.

    "Nicole, I am already struggling enough! I was always home schooled. Always. This new teaching is like a different language. I am sorry."

     Nicole sighed and walked away. She roamed through the castled, looking for anyone she knew. Most people hated her for being mean, but she never knew it would payback. She roamed the halls for somebody. She asked kids older than her, younger than her, and she even ran into her siblings.

     "You guys! Do you know anybody who is smart?"

    "Uh... Professor-"

     "I didn't mean a teacher, idiots! Now go away! Leave!"

     They rushed down the hall, laughing just the slightest. Nicole continued her journey for the perfect tutor. As if rehearsed, Malfoy showed up. As if only to annoy her.

     "Oh no. I am not going to be seen with the likes of you." she said, walking away.

     "What are you asking everyone? I keep seeing you frantically talking to everyone."

     "None of you business."

     "Tell me."

     "Why would I tell you?!"

     "Because everyone hates you. And I am the most popular guy in school. If I help you, you will become liked among everyone."

      "What is in it for you?"

     "You will see. Now tell me what you need."

     She originally did not want to take the deal. Never would she trust... him. But she thought for a second. If she ever needed more help, it would really be nice for others to like her. But, she could not trust him. Yet she heard herself speak the answer she did not want to say.

     "Deal. We start today. What do you want in return?"

     "You will see."