Chapter 23

Her POV

   After eating, Kain said that there's an emergency to their house (mansion -,-) and he really needs to go, I told them that I'll be guiding Kain outside and my brothers bid their goodbyes to him.

"Hey, Yuumiko I really had a great day today. I want to spend every hour with you, please stay strong." he said, I put both of my hands on his cheeks and slowly kiss his lips.

"I will stay strong for the people that I love, I will fight this. I love you so much Kain, I don't know if I'll be fighting like this if you're not beside me." I said, tears from my eyes suddenly pour out.

"You finally cried after confessing about your sickness to me." he said, I hug him so hard as I cry.

  I don't want to die yet, Kain and my brothers are the the only string that I'm holding into, I can't let go yet, they're everything to me right now, I can exchange my intelligence for life. I just want to stay like this.

"I love you Yuumiko Asahina, I will marry you after we graduate and after you fight that stupid ass leukemia." he said and I giggled.

"Go home safely Kain." he kissed my forehead and the tip of my nose down to my lips.

"Hey! stop sucking each others face!" Yuusuke suddenly came behind Kain and pull him away from me.

"G-Gomen! I'm going home now, Yuumi!" Kain smiled and open our gates before I heard a door of a car slamming.

"Konbanwa Yuumi." Iori said and patted my head, which caused some hair to fall, I look at them sadly before wiping away my tears.

"Well, those are side effects from the chemo, I should be expecting it from the start." I said and Iori just hugged me.

"We'll fight it together, depend on us for once." Iori whispered and Yuusuke looked away as I turn. my head on him.

"Hai! (Yes!)"

  Iori kissed my forehead and we slowly enter our residence, Yuusuke was telling me the story about his project which he really worked hard. I smiled and laughed with them as they tell me different stories from their classes.

I'm so happy right now, can the time just stop?

"Yuumiko, I want to talk to you." mom suddenly approach us and I nodded.

I let go of Yuusuke and Ioris hand before following mom to her office, as we enter her office she suddenly broke down.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry that I can't protect you, I'm sorry that you're the one who has this stupid leukemia when it should be me, I'm so sorry that I failed to be a mother to all of you." she said while hugging me closely, I hummed and patted her back.

"I never really cared mom, I never cared about anything around me, all I care about was my brothers, I never cared for myself, it's all my fault for not noticing the signs, it's my fault for isolating myself from you." I said and mom just hug me tighter.

"I love you all, I love you and your brothers, I'm sorry for divorcing your real father, I know that it's hard growing up without a father." she said and I nodded as another batch of tears stream down my cheeks.

"Can I ask something?" I muttered and mom just nodded.

"Why are you still accepting themthey've done so many bad things to you." I said and she just blushed.

"Call me stupid, but this is love my child, I can no longer fight nor' have the ability to resist it." she said and I nodded.

   Maybe I'm just like her, in different situations. Humans are the very epitome of greed, we cannot be content of something, we always wanted something, higher. Maybe I am greedy after all I want to live even if my sickness is limiting every move that I make.